You really can make the most tender ribs in less than an hour. This recipe is about to blow your mind. Try these low carb instant pot beef ribs and you’ll never look back.
Low Carb Beef Ribs
The best thing about cookouts is the family. Everyone getting together and sharing stories and memories over good food. So yes, the food is the other best part of cookouts! These Low Carb Ribs allows you to enjoy the food, family and friends without having to cheat on your low carb diet. That is always a good thing for me! We also make these low carb ribs all the time at home for dinner. My husband loves them and so do I!
What is your favorite cookout food?
Mine has to be beef ribs. They are super tender and full of juicy flavor. I love how the meat just falls off the bone. My mom was always making them in the oven and I knew I had to try to make them as part of my low carb diet in the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
I set out to make a low carb BBQ sauce that wouldn’t derail my healthy eating goals. And I did it! This sauce is tangy with a little kick. And when it is slathered on the ribs, it works its magic!
More Low Carb Recipes
Over the past few months, I have been focusing on a low carb diet. Here are some awesome low carb recipes for you to try on your low carb diet.
- These low carb cheese crips are the perfect way to skip the chips when you are on a low carb diet like Keto.
- For an awesome Italian Dinner, make this Keto Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
- This buffalo “chicken” cauliflower is a yummy alternative for those of us on a low carb and low protein diet.
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Ribs
While I love eating beef ribs, I’m not a huge fan of the hours it takes to make them the traditional way. But thankfully, I have an Instant Pot! If you don’t have one yet, get one. It saves me so much time on so many recipes.
The Instant Pot fully cooks the ribs while crisping up the sauce on the outside. They will taste just as scrumptious as the oven or the grill. And it only takes less than an hour to do from start to finish.
Instant Pot Ribs Ingredients
- 1 cup water (split in half)
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 garlic Clove
- 2 tsp Salt (split in half)
- 1 tsp dry yellow mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee or butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 beef ribs
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
Best Homemade Low Carb Barbecue Sauce Recipe
In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of water, 6 ounces of tomato paste, 1 teaspoon dry yellow mustard, 2 tablespoons of ghee, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. You will fall in love with this low carb barbecue sauce for your Keto Diet.
Instant Pot Beef Ribs Directions
Here’s how to make tender, juicy ribs in the Instant Pot. This will save you so much time!
1. Season the beef ribs. Start the ribs recipe, by seasoning the beef ribs generously with salt (about 1 teaspoon).
2. Set the Instant Pot to Saute. Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot.
3. Brow the ribs in the Instant Pot. When the oil is hot, brown the ribs.
4. Add BBQ sauce and water. Add the 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
5. Set the Instant Pot. Select High Pressure and 40 minutes cook time.
6. Release the pressure. When the pressure cooker beeps, allow it to do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
What is better – beef ribs or pork ribs?
This recipe can make either beef or pork ribs. They both cook the same way, so this recipe can be used for either one.
As for the taste, pork ribs taste more like pork. Think of the taste of pork chops or pulled pork. That’s about the taste of pork ribs too.
And beef ribs taste more like steak. They have a deeper taste profile. Also, beef back ribs are much larger than pork ribs, so keep that in mind as well.
Really, the choice is up to you and what you like more.
Be Careful About the Size of the Bones
If you use beef back ribs, be careful about the size of the ribs. The entire rack might not fit in your pressure cooker. In fact, beef back ribs are nicknamed “dinosaur ribs” due to their large size. Make sense if you consider they come from the back of a large cow.
If you have particularly long/large bones, it’s ok to stack them higher than the max fill line.
This probably goes without saying, but make sure not to share the bones with your dog. My dad is always giving my dog bones and I am constantly yelling at him because cooked bones are a choking hazard for animals. Keep these bones away from your pets and make sure to keep the garbage out of reach.
Instant Pot Beef Ribs Recipe
Here is the complete recipe for my irresistible beef ribs. Print it and don’t forget to pin this post so you can make them again later.
Instant Pot Beef Ribs
- Make the BBQ Sauce - In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of water, 6 ounces of tomato paste, 1 teaspoon dry yellow mustard, 2 tablespoons of ghee, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Start the ribs recipe, by seasoning the beef ribs generously with salt (about 1 teaspoon).
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- When the oil is hot, brown the ribs.
- Add the 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Select High Pressure and 40 minutes cook time.
- When the pressure cooker beeps, allow it to do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
Slow Cooker Option
Almost everything that you can make in the pressure cooker, you can also make in the slow cooker.
More Cookout Recipe Ideas
Here are some more recipes that will taste amazing at your next cookout. These Instant Pot beef ribs might only take 45 minutes to make, but they will taste like you spent hours on the grill.