The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays along with the other holidays like Flag Day, Veterans Day, Election Day, and Memorial Day that celebrate the U.S. It also gives me a reason to wear Red, White and Blue!! I love going full nautical and even full-on patriotic!!
My sister and I put together this massive party with tons of great foods and decor for 4th of July! Guests were asked to bring patriotic food and wear patriotic outfits.
A photo posted by April Golightly (@aprilgolightly) on
We made a Taco Bar with patriotic bowls for each ingredient. The beef and chicken were in large bowls. In the small bowls, we put topping options.
- 8 oz Pizza Dough
- 16 oz Greek Yogurt
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 pound strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a greased baking sheet, lay out dough sheet to make a rectangle.
- Bake for 15 minutes until it is golden.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Spread the yogurt on top of the dough sheet so that the entire pizza is covered. Make sure to leave about a 1/2 inch border around the outside.
- Place the blueberries in the upper-right corner making a small rectangle of blueberries.
- Slice the bananas into thin coins and the strawberries into small wedges.
- Layer the strawberries and bananas onto the pizza to making stripes.
My sister made a flag cheese dip with salsa cheese and olives.
All of the desserts were flag themed or red, white and blue.
The 4th of July banners are such fun!
Now that I have shared our party plan, what are you plans for 4th of July?