I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #WalgreensOlogy
My Healthy Home & Makeup Bag
I was always a fan of a clean house free of harsh chemicals, but now that I have a little one crawling all over the house, the importance of using safe products is priority number one. It can be very expensive to choose healthy options, but Walgreens has come out with a new line of products that makes it easy to keep my home clean without having to use harmful chemicals.
I started by cleaning out makeup bag and my makeup brushes using the Walgreens Ology Castile Soap. The soap is a gentle cleanser producing a mild, creamy lather making it safe for sensitive skin and expensive makeup brushes. It has no harmful chemicals like Sulfate, paraben and petrochemical and the product is not tested on animals.It is only $10.49 for 32 ounces. That is a whole lot of brush cleanings!
Steps for cleaning Makeup Brushes from your Makeup Bag:
- Pour 1 capful of Walgreens Ology Castile Soap into a small bowl of water. Swirl the brush in the soap and water mixture, being careful to only get the bristles wet.
- Gently massage the bristles between your fingers, starting at the base and working to the tip of the brush until it looks like no more makeup is coming off of the brush.
- If the brush is really dirty, you can make the liquid more concentrated by adding another capful of castile soap.
- Next, press the brushes against a paper towel to dry and and reshape the brush between your fingers.
- Lay brushes flat on a paper towel to dry. Always lay your brushes flat to avoid water getting into the handle and ferrule which can cause rust or deterioration of the brush.
Walgreens recently came out with a new line of cleaning products that are free from the following 10 harmful chemicals: Ammonia, Chlorine bleach, DEA (diethanolamine), TEA (triethanolamine), Parabens, Phthalates, Formaldehyde, Nonylphenol ethoxylates, Triclosan, SLS, SLES. Plus, Walgreens Ology does not use artificial dyes or fragrances.
Ology is endorsed by Healthy Child Healthy World–an organization dedicated to creating healthy environments for children. Healthy Child Healthy World’s mission is to empower parents to take action and protect children from harmful chemicals. For the past 20 years, Healthy Child has provided access to critical information that encourages smarter lifestyle choices to reduce toxic chemical exposure in homes and communities to become a trusted resource for parents. Healthy Child’s vision is a world where every child has the opportunity to grow-up in a healthy and safe environment.Healthy Child Healthy World is a California non-profit organization that works to create programs and initiative that:
• Demand corporate accountability
• Engage communities for collective action
• Support safer chemicals and products
• Influence legislative and regulatory reform
Ology Laundry & Cleaning: Cleaning gets a boost from plant-based power. There are no harmful chemicals, no animal testing or byproducts. The Laundry detergent is safer for you and your family and it is tough on stains, but gentle on your clothes and skin. I used the detergent to wash a few loads and it made them smell awesome of Spring Lavender and Vanilla and worked great on getting rid stains.
The Ology All-Purpose Cleaner cuts through grease and grime and is made without harsh solvents or ammonia. There are only 6 ingredients in the Cleaner. It also has an awesome scent of Meyer Lemon and Lavender. I used it on my wood kitchen table and my daughter’s high chair. It approved to work on kitchen counters, stove tops, and most household surfaces.
Ology Household Paper Products: Ultra-absorbent paper products made from 100% tree-free materials. The toilet paper is soft and strong, biodegradable and septic safe. The toilet paper and paper towels are made from readily renewable sugar husk that would otherwise be disposed and quick-growing bamboo that regenerates in as little as six months, so it’s safer for the environment.