This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AvengersUnite #CollectiveBias
In celebration of the release of The Avengers: Age of Ultron Blu-ray/DVD on October 2, I hosted a MARVEL Superhero Party with MARVEL Costumes for the guests, a MARVEL Play City, and coloring sheets for the kids.
MARVEL Play City DIY
Tools & Supplies
Gallon Ziplock Bags
- This week I started preparing for the party by saving some large boxes from my garage.
- We painted the boxes outside using a roller and thin coats. I started with a primer but realized that it is not necessary if you use the black paint instead of a gray. Black is your best bet.
- Make sure to apply thin coats and allow them to dry.
- Once the 2 to 3 coats are dry, draw squares on the boxes to look like windows with the chalk marker.
- Use gallon zip lock bags filled with sand to keep the boxes upright.
After we had built the city, we made a few Ultron targets from this Ultron Coloring Sheet. After coloring these Ultron Printable sheets with gray and red crayons, I used a glue stick to attach it to white thick card stock and cut it out. Lastly, I glued the face to a paint stirrer stick. I stuck them into the top of the boxes so that they would stand upright for the game.
You can print PDF versions of Ultron here: Avengers Coloring Sheet – Ultron and also Age of Ultron Color Sheets here: Avengers coloring sheets.
The kids used these dry sponges to knock down the Ultron Targets. I made the sponge bombs by cutting them into strips and binding them together with rubber bands.
The kids dressed up in MARVEL Costumes that I found at Walmart. They have a huge selection! I bought Captain America, Iron Man, and the Hulk costume for the guests.
After the kids had got the energy out, we watched The Avengers: Age of Ultron Blu-Ray. The kids are more likely to sit after the played outdoors for a while.
Be sure to check out all the fun MARVEL character costumes! I would love to hear about your MARVEL Halloween dress up plans!
1 thought on “MARVEL Superhero Party – MARVEL Play City DIY”
What a fun party you put together! I love your games and the city you created. #client