This week I had the pleasure of learning all about Wendy’s Salad. After delving into the process of how the salads are made at Wendy’s, I have a new healthy on the go food. I have been complaining to my husband for months about not being able to find a health option when I am having a busy day. I wanted to share my new discovery with you.
Wendy’s focuses on freshness! In every Wendy’s restaurant, employees freshly chop vegetables every day, starting with full heads of iceberg and romaine lettuces and other veggies like cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes. We saw the employees chopping the lettuce and veggies, then we put together the salad ourselves. Seeing behind the scenes really made me confident about eating the Wendy’s Salads.
Every salad entrée uses only premium white meat chicken breasts that are grilled at the time of your order and placed warm on your salad.
Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas opened the first Wendy’s restaurant in 1969 grounded on the premise that “Quality is our Recipe®.” For more than 45 years, Wendy’s has been invested in bringing customers the quality ingredients that differentiate us from others in the industry.
“Wendy’s Romaine Lettuce Journey” YouTube Video
Check out this video series that takes on a behind-the-scenes tour of Wendy’s salads to follow the life cycle of specific ingredients from harvest to the bowl. The video was shot at a real Wendy’s with real employees doing their daily fresh salad preparation. The first video “Wendy’s Romaine Lettuce Journey” highlights the speedy story of a single head of romaine lettuce as it travels from farm to drive-thru. Check out more videos here.
There are so many awesome salads to choose from! Each salad’s flavor palette has a ton of thought put into it. The dressing is specifically design by Marzetti and Wendy’s for these salads. Each ingredient is specifically chose for the best flavor salads.
Wendy’s BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad harkens to a smoky backyard grill-out with fire-roasted sweet corn, freshly diced tomatoes, light and lively spring mix combined with Applewood Smoked bacon and grilled chicken drizzled with savory BBQ sauce, topped with creamy Simply Dressed® BBQ Ranch Dressing.
A fully loaded salad is a full meal for 580 calories for a full-size; 300 calories for a half-size
• Contains three servings of vegetables for a full-size; two servings for a half-size
• Contains three servings of lean protein for a full-size; 1.5 servings for a half-size
• The cheddar cheese equals half a serving of dairy
• The grilled whole chicken breast on a full-size has 27 grams of protein (13 grams for a half-size)
Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad marries the crisp refreshing snap of ripe red and green apples with the delectable crunch of roasted pecans. This springtime splendor harmonizes sweet and savory throughout with delicious cranberries and creamy blue cheese crumbles topped with Marzetti® Simply Dressed®Pomegranate Vinaigrette.
A fully loaded salad is 590 calories for a full-size; 350 calories for a half-size
• Dried cranberries are sourced from North American farms and are a natural source of antioxidants
• The grilled whole chicken breast on a full-size has 37 grams of protein (19 grams for a half-size)
Wendy’s Asian Cashew Chicken Salad is a twist on the typical Asian salad with on-trend, flavorful ingredients like fire-roasted edamame, fresh red peppers and cucumbers, spicy roasted cashews, warm, grilled chicken breast and Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Light Spicy Asian Chili Vinaigrette.
A fully loaded salad is a nutritious meal and 380 calories for a full-size; 230 calories for half-size
• Contains four servings of vegetables for a full-size; three servings for a half-size
• Contains three servings of lean protein for a full-size; two servings for a half-size
• The Light Spicy Asian Chili Vinaigrette is only 45 calories per serving, low in fat, and saturated fat free
• Cashews contain unsaturated fats which have heart-healthy benefits, and they contain nutrients like phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and zinc
• Soy foods, like edamame, are sources of high-quality protein
Have you tried Wendy’s Salad yet? Which one is your favorite?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.