In order to get the right wardrobe that will flatter your figure, your must avoid buyer’s remorse so that you will wear and feel confident in the wardrobe that you have. You can hire a stylist or just ask yourself these 5 questions while making purchases. You might even want to print them out and stick them in your wallet so that you can use them as a checklist in the dressing room.
- Is this item the right color for me? Does it make my hair shine and eyes sparkle?
- Does the item flatter my figure? Enhance my chest, balance my hips? Is the hem flattering or does it make me look frumpy?
- Does the item fit my current wardrobe and lifestyle? Work, dinner, kids? Will it work with other items in my closet?
- Does it support the image that I want to project to the world? Too young, too old, too frilly, on brand?
- Can I afford it? If item is on sale, would I buy it at full price?
You need all yeses to make a purchase! If there is just one no, then leave the store and let it go! It is important to putting together the right wardrobe to avoid buyer’s remorse.