I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #WalgreensOlogy
My Healthy Home & Makeup Bag
I was always a fan of a clean house free of harsh chemicals, but now that I have a little one crawling all over the house, the importance of using safe products is priority number one. It can be very expensive to choose healthy options, but Walgreens has come out with a new line of products that makes it easy to keep my home clean without having to use harmful chemicals.
I started by cleaning out makeup bag and my makeup brushes using the Walgreens Ology Castile Soap. The soap is a gentle cleanser producing a mild, creamy lather making it safe for sensitive skin and expensive makeup brushes. It has no harmful chemicals like Sulfate, paraben and petrochemical and the product is not tested on animals.It is only $10.49 for 32 ounces. That is a whole lot of brush cleanings!
Steps for cleaning Makeup Brushes from your Makeup Bag:
- Pour 1 capful of Walgreens Ology Castile Soap into a small bowl of water. Swirl the brush in the soap and water mixture, being careful to only get the bristles wet.
- Gently massage the bristles between your fingers, starting at the base and working to the tip of the brush until it looks like no more makeup is coming off of the brush.
- If the brush is really dirty, you can make the liquid more concentrated by adding another capful of castile soap.
- Next, press the brushes against a paper towel to dry and and reshape the brush between your fingers.
- Lay brushes flat on a paper towel to dry. Always lay your brushes flat to avoid water getting into the handle and ferrule which can cause rust or deterioration of the brush.
Walgreens recently came out with a new line of cleaning products that are free from the following 10 harmful chemicals: Ammonia, Chlorine bleach, DEA (diethanolamine), TEA (triethanolamine), Parabens, Phthalates, Formaldehyde, Nonylphenol ethoxylates, Triclosan, SLS, SLES. Plus, Walgreens Ology does not use artificial dyes or fragrances.