This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ApplyBeforeYouDry #CollectiveBias
This weekend was filled with summer fun, but alas this was the last weekend of summer. Now, I am starting to think about how to keep my skin nice for fall and through the winter. I decided to start with the watermelon left over from this weekend’s Labor Day celebration. Did you know that Watermelon is an excellent source of anti-oxidants? It fights the free radicals which is said to cause age-spots, fine lines and wrinkles! Watermelon is also loaded with Vitamin A that assists to reduce the size of pores on your skin and consequently, minimize oil.
I mixed the watermelon with sugar to give the scrub a physical exfoliant and a chemical exfoliant from the acids contained in watermelon.
DIY Watermelon Scrub
1 Cup Watermelon
Several Basil Leaves
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Cup Sugar
1. Take the watermelon slice out of the fridge 30 minutes before use. We want it to be room temperature.
2. Wash the basil and pat dry then toss in the blender with the watermelon.
3. Heat the coconut oil up so that it is soft and pour into the blender with the watermelon.
4. Cool the mixture for 15 – 20 minutes covered in the fridge.
5. In a large mixing bowl, mix in the sugar with a wooden spoon.
6. Pour into jars that can be sealed.
7. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. It should keep for about 2 weeks.
8. Plan to take it out of the fridge a few minutes before use. Scoop out some into a small cup so that you don’t waste it.
Note: Make sure to take extra care when using oils in the bath or shower as they can make surfaces slippery.
While I am in the shower, I use the scrub on my skin. Then, I shut off the shower and apply Jergen’s Wet Skin Moisturizer while my skin is still wet. This is the best way to keep your skin moisturized for fall. The moisturizer immediately absorbs instantly into wet skin and leaves you with 24-hour soft skin. There is no rinse is needed after application. You put it on while you are wet because it locks in hydration at skin’s peak moisture moment for luminous skin.
I found the Jergen’s Wet Skin Moisturizer in Target and saved 5% on Jergen’s Wet Skin Moisturizer with my Cartwheel App & another 5% with my Target Debit Card. There is an ad for the product in the Target Circular on 9/13 and the Target Cartwheel 5% Offer is good until 10/3.
How will Jergen’s Wet Skin Moisturizer change your shower routine? Watch the video and tell me which one you want to try first?