I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias #TEArifficPairs
Chicken Taco Bowl with Summer Refreshments
Mexican-inspired dishes are by far my favorite type of food. In fact, we probably eat Mexican style food about twice per week at our house. I am addicted to rice, avocados, and pico de gallo.
With summer coming to a close and the restaurants getting busier by the day, I have been making a concentrated effort to perfect easy dinner recipes that everyone in the house likes to eat. This recipe was inspired by a recipe on the Knorr website for Fiesta Lime Chicken Rice Bowl. Doesn’t that sound awesome? My meal pairing starts with Knorr recipe as a base and then I added some extra special ingredients that I love to order in my Chicken Bowl.
I paired my Chicken Taco Bowl with my favorite summer refreshment, Lipton Natural Energy Iced Tea. I threw in some limes and cilantro into the iced tea to bring out the Mexican flavors in the dinner recipe. Can you believe it, I found the products for this pairing at Walmart ?
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ – Spanish Rice, cook according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 small chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow chopped onion
- 1/2 Florida Avocado or 1 Haas Avocado
- 1 head chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 crumbled blue tortilla chips
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Cook the Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ – Spanish Rice according to package directions.
- Combine a handful of shredded cheddar cheese ~ 1 cup, 6 small chopped tomatoes, 1/2 yellow chopped onion, 1/2 Florida Avocado or 1 Hass Avocado, 1 head chopped romaine lettuce, and 1/4 cup cilantro leaves with hot Rice in serving bowling.
- Top with crumbled blue tortilla chips.
Get more #TEArifficPairs ideas here.
What do you think of this #TEArifficpair?