This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
Want an easy lunch in minutes? These mac and cheese corn dog muffins are a fun twist on two classics! These are kid-approved and made with love! Everyone will fall in love them just like my daughter has!
Kids Help in the Kitchen
How do you get your kids involved in cooking and other kitchen activities?
I love cooking and grocery shopping with my kids. It’s fun to get them involved in the entire process. They will only be little for a short period of time and I want to use every single minute I can to create memories they will cherish.
Cooking together creates bonds! You could even inspire your kids to have an interest in baking or cooking – which is a skill they will need someday. My daughter now lists baking along with singing and Veterinarian as her career goals.
I believe that the happiest and best meals – even lunches – are way better when the entire family is involved. These mac and cheese muffins are a kid-friendly recipe that is going to be a new family favorite.
One way to help get kids interested in cooking and grocery shopping is to let them create a recipe. These mac and cheese corn dog muffins were created by me and my kiddo. She loves corn dogs and mac and cheese – so we decided to put them together and see what happened.
And what happened was pure magic!!!
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
This is how these little muffins were created: I let my daughter tell me their favorite foods, and then we put them together. We also used this amazing recipe on the My Food and Family Website to help get the ball rolling!
First, there are the hot dogs. And kids everywhere love hot dogs, right? Well, mine does!
Then, there are the muffins. These are made out of the same ingredients that make up the coating of corn dogs. It’s a slightly sweet and crumbly muffin that my kid adores.
Finally, macaroni and cheese! This is the best part! It’s a scrumptious lunch that your kids will ask you to make again and again. Thankfully, they are incredibly easy, so they can help you make them.
How to Make Corn Dog Muffins
Here’s how to make these super easy hot dog corn muffins. This is a recipe that you will be able to make with your kids. I’ll share step by step pictures of this recipe so you and your kids can jump in and make them too!
This is what you’ll need from the store before you get cooking.
- 1 pkg. (7.25 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- 5 OSCAR MAYER Wieners, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ cup HEINZ Tomato Ketchup
How to Make Mac & Cheese Corn Dog Muffins?
Here is how to make the corn dog muffins. This recipe makes 12 muffins and only takes 20 minutes to bake and about 10 to 12 minutes to prep with your kids! The time flies by when you have a helper in the kitchen.
1. Make the Mac and Cheese Dinner. First, follow the directions on the package and make the macaroni and cheese. Basically, you cook the macaroni in boiling hot water for about 8 minutes. Strain the macaroni and add in milk, butter, and the packet of cheese from the Mac & Cheese box. The melted butter, cheese, and milk make an amazing sauce, I mix everything in the pot that I cooked the macaroni in and put it on trivet on the counter. Once it’s mixed, set it aside.
2. Prepare the cornbread mix. In a large bowl, mix the ingredients for the corn muffins. You will need one egg and milk. Follow the directions on the package. My daughter did an amazing job with the egg. She cracked it herself and did not get any shell in the bowl. You alway start with the egg in the bowl, just in case you do get some shell in there, you can easily fish it out.
While you are making the batter, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Cut the Weiners – You cut the Oscar Mayer Weiners lengthwise and then into bite size pieces. My daughter helped with the cutting, but I had to take over because she was making me nervous. We do have kid knives, but I grabbed the real one for some reason. Silly Mama!
4. Mix everything together. In this bowl, add in the mac and cheese, weiners, cornbread batter, and shredded cheese. Stir to combine, but don’t over mix.
4. Bake the muffins. Pour this mixture into the greased muffin tins. Bake them for 20 minutes. That’s it! So easy!
You will know they are completely cooked when they are lightly browned around the edges. Serve them with ketchup. Believe me, they are incredibly delicious with HEINZ Tomato Ketchup!
Money-Saving Offer at Publix
Check out these amazing deals going on right now at Publix! It is only for a limited time, so snag them while you still can. It is valid June 13, 2019 – June 27, 2019.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free Knorr Sides, Ready to Heat and Selects (3.5 – 8.8 oz.)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, Assorted Varieties
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Pace Salsa o 2 for $6 Tostitos Tortilla Chips (9 –13 oz.) (Excludes Cantina)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad, Assorted Varieties (5.5 – 8.3 oz.)
- 2 for $5 PAM Cooking Spray Non-Stick (5 – 6 oz.) (Excludes Organic)
We love shopping at Publix as a family. The best meals are home-cooked. I rely on all the amazing deals I find at Publix to keep my meals affordable. They have everything I need to make kid-friendly meals. And with all the money I save, trying new recipes is like child’s play. Get more recipe ideas here on the Best Meals Facebook page.
Start planning, grab your kiddos, and get shopping! Your new family favorite is ready for the making.
Mac and Cheese Corndog Muffins
- 7.25 oz Macaroni and Cheese (1 package KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner)
- 8.5 oz Corn Bread
- 5 Wieners OSCAR MAYER
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese KRAFT Shredded
- ¾ cup Ketchup HEINZ
- Pre-heat oven to 425ºF.
- Prepare Mac & Cheese Dinner as directed on package. You will need butter and milk.
- Slice the 5 hot dogs lengthwise, then slice into bite size piece.
- Prepare corn bread muffin batter in large bowl as directed on package.
- In the corn bread mixture, add the Mac & Cheese Dinner, wieners and shredded cheese; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 min. or until muffins are lightly browned around edges.
- Serve warm with ketchup.
Which recipes do you like to make at home? Share them with me in the comments!