Disney Side Celebrations Ideas
I received free products to host the Disney Side @Home Celebration and a gift card fromB.J. Wholesale Club. As always, all opinions are my own.
I am honored to be one of the mom selected by Disney to host a Disney Side Celebration last month. I received a hug package of fun Disney goodies that helped me plan my Disney Side Celebration Party, including Mickey Mouse decorations, cookie cutters, Disney cups, plates, and goodies for the guests. I put together crafts and games for the guest to work on during the party. With the help of B.J.’s Wholesale Club, I was able to make some fun Disney Themed recipes including Mickey Mouse Grilled Cheese Appetizers and Mini Mickey Mouse Blueberry Cheese Cake Bites.
To celebrate their love of all things Disney, families across the country are hosting#DisneySide parties and letting their Disney Side shine. Follow the fun with the #DisneySide hashtag on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and get inspiration to host your own DisneySide celebration with recipes, activity kits and tips on www.disneysidecelebrations.com/. I have been collecting all kinds of Disney Side ideas on Disney Pinterest Board.
My Disney Side Celebration Menu
- Mickey Mouse Grilled Cheese
- Mickey Mouse Mini Blueberry Cheese Cake Bites
- Mini Caprese Salad
- Tomato Chicken Soup
- Flat Bread Pizza
- Disney Cupcakes
Disney Side Craft Ideas
- No Sew Disney Princess TuTu (instructions coming soon)
- DIY Mickey Mouse Ears (instructions below, but was inspired by this tutorial)
Supplies and Tools for DIY Mickey Mouse Ears
- Mickey and Minnie Ears Template (here); I cut mine free hand, but not everyone has my DIY skills. (wink, wink)
- Scissors (You can pre-cut everything before hand so this project is easier at the party and so that the kids don’t have to be around scissors.)
- Black Felt (1 piece for every person making ears)
- Black or gray construction paper
- Tacky Glue
- black headbands (1 headband for every person making ears)
- Polka-dotted ribbon (enough for all the girls making the headband; I skipped the ribbon as I love Mickey and do not believe that as a girl you have to love only Minnie Mouse)
Instructions for DIY Mickey Mouse Ears
Pre-Party Instructions DIY Mickey Mouse Ears
- Print and cut out the template. Then use it to cut two black felt earpieces for each headband. Do the same thing with the black construction paper.
- You can put the different parts in baskets with ears, headband, and ribbons in different baskets or you can put each set of supplies in a gift bag that can be given to each child. Obviously, the kids will have to share the glue either way. You can make these Minnie Mouse Favor Bags or these gift bags.
Party Instructions for DIY Mickey Mouse Ears
- Show your guest how to Glue the Felt to the Construction paper avoiding using globs of the glue. Try to keep it smooth.
- Use the Tacky Glue to glue the center portion of one of the earpieces to the underside of a headband (about 1 1/2 inches left of the headband center). Then glue the rounded ends of the earpiece together, matching up all the edges. Attach the second earpiece in the same way, spacing it about 3 inches from the first ear.
- To complete Minnie’s headband, use the ribbon to tie a big bow around the headband between the Mickey Mouse ears.
Disney Side Party Games
- Disney Bingo
- Disney Coloring Sheets
- Bobbing for Nemo
- Catch the Lion King
- Who Am I, #DisneySide Style?