I remember my mom making Italian Stuffed Peppers as a kid. Peppers were always in my top 2 favorite vegetables along with tomatoes! I know, I was such a weird child. I have made my daughter just as weird as me because shoe loves tomatoes and peppers. I have peppers growing in the backyard and no matter how much I ask he not to, my daughter will pick them off the vine and take a big bite. She continues to do it even after taking a bite out a Jalapeño the other day. Although, she didn’t spit it out and just said spicy with a smile and tears in her eyes. She’s way to cute.
These stuffed peppers are a fun colorful and healthier way to serve burger meat. Here is my easy stuffed pepper recipe that you can make for your family without a ton of prep or work!
Easy Beef Stuffed Red Peppers
1 lb. Shaved Beef, cooked
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
½ tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Seasoned Salt
1 C Mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 slices Mozzarella cheese
2 Red Peppers
½ Onion, large, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cut in half and de-seed red peppers. Set aside
3. In a fry pan, sauté onions in butter until translucent
4. Add beef, soy sauce, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Cook beef JUST until lightly browned.
5. In the peppers, divide the shredded mozzarella cheese in four portions and sprinkle in the base. Divide the beef evenly between all pepper halves. Cover each pepper with one slice of mozzarella.
6. Bake in a baking dish for approximately 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned and peppers are slightly soft.
3 thoughts on “Shaved Beef Stuffed Red Peppers”
Can this be made a day before?
UDo you know what the calorie count would be for the beef stuffed peppers?
My wife loves stuffed peppers. I’ll have to make these for her!