This blog post was sponsored by Starbucks, but the opinions are completely my own based on experience.
Flavors of fall are finally back! Yes, it’s that time of year, when everything is pumpkin spice flavored, people are pulling out the leaf wreaths, and the leaves are just beginning to shift from their summertime green to the reds, browns, and oranges of the season. I love it. It’s my favorite time of year. This year, the flavors of fall are going to be even better, because along with my pumpkin spice flavored everything, I can also enjoy delicious Starbucks® coffee right from my own coffee maker!
Savor the Flavors of Fall with Starbucks & Walmart and Score Stars
I’m excited about being able to get Starbucks coffee at Walmart. I’m always at my local Walmart, and I love the idea of being able to take home delicious Starbucks coffee to have whenever I want without leaving the house. The best part is that this delicious coffee comes in the very best of the flavors of the season including Fall Blend, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa.
And there’s another bonus to getting delicious Starbucks coffee blends at Walmart – rewards! When you buy purchase three qualifying Starbucks products at Walmart, you’ll get 75 Starbucks Stars. Woo hoo! Just take a photo of your receipt, submit your receipt photo to Starbucks, and you’ll receive a Star code via email. Easy peasy.
How to Savor the Flavors of Fall
So now that you know you can get Starbucks coffee at home, where to get it, and how you can earn stars for it, let’s talk about how to enjoy their yummy flavors of fall!
Characteristics of Taste
There are four characteristics of taste. These when you know what they are and how to enjoy them, it makes morning coffee so much better!
- Aroma – coffee’s aroma can be subtle or bold and can be earthy, nutty, spicy, floral, and so much more.
- Acidity – This refers to the tanginess or tartness of the coffee. Coffees with high acidity are often referred to as bright, tangy, and crisp, while low acidity coffees have a smooth flavor that hangs around after you’ve finished.
- Body – Body refers to how the coffee feels in your mouth. It’s similar to the difference between skim, 2%, and whole milk.
- Flavor – This refers to the taste (obviously). Flavors can be widely varied with everything from citrus to cocoa to pumpkin, of course!
Develop Your Tasting Skills
The flavors of fall deserve to be savored. There’s a way to more thoroughly enjoy your coffee. Here’s how.
- Smell – Smell before tasting. Our mouths can only detect four flavors, but our noses can detect thousands of smells. Since smell and taste are connected, it’s a great way to prepare our taste buds for the coming deliciousness.
- Slurp – This is one time you should throw your mom’s admonitions out the window. Always slurp your coffee. Slurping helps the coffee reach all the tasting areas of your mouth.
- Locate – Consider the coffee’s flavor and feel. It’s a tactile part of enjoying the flavors of fall that we don’t often think about.
- Describe – How would you describe the flavor of the coffee? What can you compare it to? Thinking about that can help you further enjoy your morning go-juice.
The Flavors of Fall are in Full Effect at Walmart
The flavors of fall are here, and it’s a good thing. I was tired of waiting! I’m so excited that on top of pumpkin spice flavored nom noms around every corner. I can now enjoy the flavors of fall in my home, from my coffee maker, from my favorite coffee brand – Starbucks! Yay! Right now, you can score delicious Starbucks coffee in all the flavors of Fall including Fall Blend, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa. They’re a fantastic way to jump head first into the awesome of fall, and you can find them all at Walmart.