Compensation was provided by General Mills. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of General Mills.
During the holiday season, I do a whole lot of cooking for my family and friends. I adore hosting parties and guests at my home. One of my favorite recipes to make during the holiday season is garlic bread. My side of the family is extremely Italian, and we love to make gravy (tomato sauce) and pasta and clean the plate with a good garlic bread. Making bread from scratch is a time-honored tradition in the family that I just don’t have time for anymore.
Since I am the new keeper of traditions, I came up with this garlic monkey bread recipe a few years ago when I saw someone share traditional monkey bread online. I had a stroke of genius when I decide to make this easy garlic bread recipe. It is super quick, and your family will be extremely impressed with the taste and the beauty of the bread. I love to put it on a pedestal at the dinner table. You can also break it up into a basket if you like to pass it around the table like real Italians do.
My mom has passed down a lot of her recipes to me over the years. Also, fabulous cookbooks like the Betty Crocker Big Red cookbook give me ideas on what to make for the family. Did you know that for 150 years, General Mills and its family of brands, including Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, and Chex, has touched people’s lives by making food people love and inspiring holiday traditions year after year? Share your traditions with General Mills on social media using #HolidayTraditions across Twitter and Instagram or at www.generalmills.com/holidaytr
Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe
Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 32 oz Biscuits Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a small bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Separate dough using the pre-sliced lines. Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Layer the biscuits and cheese going biscuits, cheese, biscuits pushing the cheese into the empty spaces. The cheese will hold it all together.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder and butter. pour over biscuit pieces.
- Once you place all the biscuits and cheese into the cake pan, slowly pour the butter-garlic mixture over the bread and cheese.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the bread cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto serving platter.
- Sprinkle parsley on top for garnish.Pull apart or slice to serve.Serve warm.
Pin to Save for Later