I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. Thank you for supporting the brands that make April GoLightly possible. #SayCheeseburger #CollectiveBias #shop
Great American Umami Cheeseburger
I recently took a cooking class and made a very flavorful sauce that had a sweet and salty flavor that can only be described as umami. I decided to try to take the sauce to the next level by making it marinade for a cheeseburger. With the cheese and meat flavors, this recipe hits all the flavors of the tongue: sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and most definitely, umami.
Recently, I took a shopping trip to Walmart to search for items to complete the ultimate umami cheeseburger. I was able to get everything on my shopping list. The prices were unbelievable. I had a blast exploring the the sauces and cheese isles.
Cheeseburger Marinade Ingredients
6 tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons Miso Paste
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon molasses
2 tablespoons spicy rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon sriracha
1 cup ketchup
6 sesame hamburger buns
6 Kraft Slices
2 pounds ground lean ground chuck
1 red onion
1 large tomato
Spicy Mayo Ingredients
6 tablespoons Kraft Light Mayo
3 teaspoons sriracha
1. Whisk together 6 tablespoons dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, 3 tablespoons Miso Paste, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon molasses, 2 tablespoons of spicy rice wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon sriracha.
6. Lay the hamburger on a rack or the oven rack in the center of the oven.
7. Put below the rack with the burgers with a pan or cookie sheet lined with foil and a layer of salt to soak up the fat drippings.
8. Mix together 6 tablespoons Kraft Light Mayo and 3 teaspoons sriracha to make spicy mayo.
10. After the timer sounds, put Kraft Singles on each hamburger. I took my marinade to the next level with the addition of American Cheese Kraft Singles. They melt so wonderfully and make the cheeseburger a picture of perfection.
If you need help thinking of recipes for Kraft products, you can try out the Blippar App. You can download blippar for free on your apple, android, blackberry or windows device.
The Blippar App allows you to scan or blip Kraft cheese products with your smartphone camera. A mobile site will provide a menu bar where you can view Kraft recipes for the Great American Bacon Cheeseburger, or Take A Picture with Brad Paisley. Also, Get Your Paisley Points by Registering your Kraft Cheese products to enter a chance to win Brad Paisley swag. Get more details from this video.
What do you think of the recipe?