This post was sponsored by Amazon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This is my second Amazon Echo Show! The first year with Echo Show in my kitchen has made my life so much better. We now have an Alexa in every room in the house. Now that we have the new Amazon Echo Show, I put that one in my kitchen and the other first-generation Echo Show into my vanity area so that I can use it while I get ready in the morning.
New Amazon Echo Show
The new Echo Show has a new design with a fantastic 10-inch HD display, upgraded speakers, and a built-in smart home hub. Of course, the Amazon Show has all the features customers love about Alexa for $229.99. Get it here.
How to Use Amazon Echo Show
Can you Watch TV on Echo Show?
You can watch TV on your Echo Show. It is integrated with Amazon Prime Video and with Hulu you can get your favorite on-demand and Live TV programming. You can also watch YouTube through the new Alexa Skill – Streaming Player.
Watching TV on the Amazon Echo Show is one of my favorite uses for the device. When I am the kitchen cooking and cleaning, I like to be entertained by my favorite shows like, “The Marvelous Mrs. Mazel” and “Doctor Who” which are both available on Amazon Prime Video.
Being able to watch Hulu and Youtube on the Alexa Show is new and very exciting!
What Can Alexa Do?
- Listen to Music – You can easily ask Alexa to play a specific song or a general genre that you are into.
- Make Video Calls – Using Skype or the Alexa app on the Echo Show to make video calls.
- Cook with Confidence – The Echo Show is the new kitchen companion. You can watch recipe videos, get step-by-step cooking instructions, set timers and alarms, and add items to your shopping list.
- Control Your Devices – Set up your devices so that you can turn them on and off with Alexa. We have several lights and the thermostat set up so that they can be controlled by Alexa.
- Reminders & Timers – I use timers for everything! Alexa helps remind me so that I am never late to any event. I remind myself to do everything from getting ready for an event to picking up my daughter. Alexa is a life-saver! She also helps me from burning dinner!
How to Use Amazon Echo Show?
Use the Amazon Echo Show by waking her by saying Alexa and the giving a command. I have been using Alexa without looking at commands without any trouble. The commands are really intutive, but if you are want to ideas on how to give the echo commands, here is a great list of Alexa commands.
Cooking with Echo Show
Having the Echo Show Gen2 in my kitchen makes cooking so much easier. All you have to do is ask for a recipe and Alexa will find something for you. She has the ingredients and the instructions step by step. She will even read them to you. It is extremely simple and you can do it hands free so you can focus on the cooking.
Amazon Echo Giveaway
Enter to win these prizes from December 27 – January 17:
- Secondary prizes: One (1) of 10 Echo Dots
- Grand prize: One (1) Echo Show grand prize
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and Amazon will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes of 11 Winners.