The holiday season is coming up and I am starting to prepare my home for visitors. I always start from the top down so that the last thing I do is vacuum and mop. I’m super lucky to have a guest room and bathroom that my guests can use. Even with a dedicated space, preparing my home for the holiday guests takes time and planning. Some of the prep for holiday guests take only a few minute and some of them take a lot longer. My key advice is to start preparing your home for the holidays now.
If you want to declutter your home, you have to start weeks before your family arrives. Do not start the day before! Start by Decluttering guest rooms and public areas like foyer, kitchen, living room, and dining room. Remove anything unnecessary from countertops, coffee tables, and ottomans. I don’t want to see anything on the counters or tables unless it is decorative.
If you run short of time, put the clutter in bags and throw it in the garage or even your trunk if you are not going to be using your car. I haven’t done this yet, but I am sure that I will some day. I am really working on declutter over the long term so this is not a problem.
Make sure that all the lights in the house and outside are working. Add some plugin lights or motion activated lighting from the guest room to the kitchen and the bathroom.
If children are coming, you should try to child proof before guests come. If you do not have children, ask the guests to bring childproofing of their own. Baby gates, cabinet locks, and outlet covers. Make sure to transfer toxic cleaners and medicines from lower cabinets to high cabinets.
Bring toiletries like paper towels, bath, hand and towels, and toiletries out of hiding. Put them on selves and baskets so that your guests can find them without having to hunt.
Cleaning the Floors
Since I have a pet and wall to wall carpet upstairs and some throw rugs down stairs, it is extremely important that the house is clean for my guests. I do not want my house to smell like dog. I have been using the BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet 1548. It takes the hassle out of deep cleaning.
When it comes to tackling everyday messes and tracked-in dirt, people are often challenged with choosing between a quick refresh or a deep clean based on the time they have at their disposal. The BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet offers multiple cleaning modes, combining dual DirtLifter brushes with heated cleaning and powerful suction for a deep-down clean. It also comes with BISSELL Deep Clean + Antibacterial formula, which deep cleans and controls odor-causing bacteria in carpet*, providing peace of mind and convenience.
Key product benefits:
• Lightweight Design and Low-Profile Foot – Weighing 18 pounds, with a low-profile foot, the ProHeat 2x Revolution allows for easy maneuverability around and under furniture.
• Deep Cleaning Formulas – BISSELL Deep Clean + Antibacterial and BISSELL 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formulas refresh carpets.
• Detachable Hose – For upholstery and spot cleaning.
• Dual Powerbrushes – Feature 12 total cleaning rows for a deep down clean.
• Adjustable Cleaning Mode – The ProHeat 2X Revolution features two different cleaning modes
* Express Clean Mode offers great cleaning that dries in around an hour
* Deep Clean Mode delivers professional-style results when used with BISSELL Professional Formula**
What tips do you have for getting ready for guests this holiday season?