How to Wear Radiant Orchid by April Erhard of April Golightly
Pantone recently released it’s color of the year! It’s Radiant Orchid! I love the color of orchid so I was happy with Pantone’s choice. Now, the question is: how do you wear radiant orchid? I started thinking about it after watching the fashion designers on Project Runway All-Stars put together outfits for bloggers in the color of the year. I pinned all the designs, check out here.
In an effort to simplify shopping for radiant orchid, I have put together 6 ways to wear radiant orchid in 2014. It is the color of year, so you are definitely going to see it in the stores in 2014.
6 Ways to Wear Radiant Orchid
1. Monochromatic: Go all in with a monochromatic look in radiant orchid.
2. Bag: A bag in radiant orchid would be the perfect way to tie in the color of the year into everyday. Walk around everyday of 2014 with a radiant orchid bag and you’ll always be in!
3. Jewelry: Throw a radiant orchid bangle or bracelet into your arm party. If you are a watch girl, go for it.
4. Nail Polish: If you unsure about radiant orchid, try it at a nail color first. It is the easiest way to see if the color is for you. Try it on your nails and toes as I think this is a keeper!
5. Clothing: Try a radiant orchid piece of clothing in the area of your body that you want to emphasize. If you have a triangle shaped body, buy radiant orchid top. If you are like me, an full hourglass shape, you should stick with the accessories. How about a radiant orchid belt to emphasize your waist.
6. Wedding: Purple is a huge color for bridesmaids and I can guarantee that the brides this year will be dying to get their brides maids into radiant orchid. Can you guess what is going to be the most popular wedding flower this year. If you are a wedding guest this year and the bride did not choose radiant orchid as one of her colors, then you should rock it at the wedding. A little radiant orchid dress will look great with Adam Glassman’s shoe pick of the year, metallic sandals! Check out the rest of Adam’s picks from my interview with the creative director of O Magazine.
3 thoughts on “How to Wear Radiant Orchid”
wow i’ve never seen purple uggs! 🙂 i love them!! i really have no purple clothes though, i’m very basic. I should really spruce up my wardrobe
oh dear, such a pretty color! it’s my mom’s favorite!
I woul prefer tis in nail polish of such a dress 🙂
enjoy what you’re doing!!
i love this color i would so wear it