Learning how to wear vests is a great way to add some spice to your wardrobe. Vests were originally only worn by men, but why let them have all the fun with their waist coats!
1. Wear Vests to Spice up Jeans. Start with the all American uniform of jeans and a white t-shirt or white tank top. The jeans can be any cut that flatters you. In my outfit, I chose to wear polka dot skinny jeans and a white tank. I accented with some color by adding teal pumps, watch, and sunglasses. You can accent with your favorite color accessories or just go neutral. In summer, I would add color, but in winter I would go with neutrals like black, brown or gray.
2. Mix Girly Tops with a Vest. Toughen up your girly top with a vest. This top would look great with a vest. Style your floral top or dress as normal and then add the vest to give yourself a tough girl look.
3. Be a Punk Rocker! Grab a band t-shirt, skinny jeans, and rocker boots. Leather vest look best with this look.
4. Go for Puffy Vest in Winter. During the winter time, pair a skinny jeans with a puffer vest or a faux fur vest. Try wearing the vest with a basic turtleneck or long sleeve top.
5. Go for Traditional Menswear. Wear a suit skirt with matching vest and button down white shirt. If you are going to try the pants with the matching vest, make sure to add girly details in your accessories and shoes.
6. Dress Up a Sweater. Add a vest to a nice cashmere sweater in the fall. Wear unique accessories to put your own spin on the outfit.
:: Outfit Details ::
Top :: Motherhood White Tank Top (similar non-maternity)
Vest :: Juicy Couture Gray Vest (similar)
Jeans :: Polka Dot Jeans by Jessica Simpson (similar non-maternity) (last worn here)
Accessories :: Betsey Johnson Teal Glitter Sunglasses (similar, similar, similar) (last worn here), Geneva Platinum Women’s Rhinestone Studded Wrap-around Watch (similar), Statement Ring from Forever 21 (similar) (last worn here), Love Necklace from Forever 21 (similar)
Shoes :: Teal Pumps from the $8.88 Store by Bamboo (similar, similar, similar) (last worn here)
Bag :: Toiletry Pouch 26 from Louis Vuitton (used LVs can be found on Bag, Borrow or Steal) (last worn here)
Nails :: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Laced Up
3 thoughts on “How to Wear Vests”
You look cute! love the heels, that pop of color ties the outftit together
You look cute in anything!! Not sure I could do the vest look.
I love vests (especially like the one you have on in the photo) but I have a heck of a time finding them!