Start your day on the right foot with this Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with lots of amazing nutrients and an almond butter drizzle.
What is Quinoa?
When I told my mom about this dish, her first question was, what is quinoa? So, I figured, I would start there and work my way into the recipe. After researching it, I realized I was wrong about quinoa. I thought it was a grain, but apparently, it is a seed. All I knew is that it was super good for you and I didn’t dive further than that.
Quinoa has more protein than any other seed and it is great source of calcium, B vitamins, and iron. Also, it is super easy to digest and gluten free.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
I decided to bring quinoa into my morning routine and replace my smoothie bowl with a quinoa almond fruit bowl a few days per week. This quinoa bowl is packed with yummy fruits and nutty awesomeness.
To make this a quick and easy process in the morning, I use Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa. It is super easy and allows you to skip the measurements and mess. Success is in the bag® cooks in only 10 minutes and is packaged in pre-portioned, BPA free boil-in-bags, so there’s no measure and no mess. It’s a fantastic shortcut! It is light and fluffy with a nutty flavor, plus it’s a good source of fiber.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and take a picture and tag it #golightlyfood on Instagram! Can’t wait to see what you come up!
Quinoa Breakfast BowlPrint Pin Rate
- Start by boiling the Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa in a bag with water and almond milk following the directions on the Success box.
- While quinoa is boiling, mix together 2 tbsp almond butter and 1 tbsp agave.
- Remove the quinoa bag with a fork.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the quinoa with 2 tbsp almond butter and 1 tbsp agave.
- Serve each bowl of quinoa with ½ cup quinoa mixture, ½ cup of blueberries, ¼ cup of almonds, and 1 banana sliced into rounds.
- Pour the almond butter and agave mixture over each quinoa bowl.
- Serve immediately.
SHARING THE LOVE!
If you Love Our Content, please share it with Your Friends!
MORE Breakfast RECIPES
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Recipes
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- Bite-Sized Strawberry Pancakes