This Spring Lemon Ricotta Cookies Recipe is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Take your cookie game up a notch with these delicious Lemon Ricotta Cookies. They are perfect for your next brunch or Mother’s Day celebration.
Italian cookies are my most favorite desserts. I grew up with white boxes with red striped string from the Italian pastry being an amazing treat in my house. Anytime that people came over, they came with the little pastry box filled with delicious cookies and Cannoli. Now that I live in Florida, those Italian Cookie filled boxes have disappeared. 🙁 Instead of running out of town crying for Italian cookies or waiting for a treat on my next visit to New York, I decided to start making my own Italian cookies at home.
Italian Cookie Recipes
- My first favorite Italian Cookie is called the 7 Layer cookie or a rainbow cookie. It is definitely a high level of difficulty, but worth every moment!
- Over the holidays, my husband made these amazing Italian Butter Cookies that were a big hit at our cookie exchange. My friend’s mom didn’t believe that we made them since they were so yummy and looked too perfect. I think the sprinkles from Sweets & Treats helped take the to the next level.
My husband is an amazing baker and will take on any baking challenge that I throw at him. These Italian Ricotta cookies are no exception. I did the shopping and he did the baking! I do all the cookie so it is awesome being able to share the baking duties with him!
Lemon Ricotta Cheese Cookies
These amazing brunch lemon ricotta cookies are very light and fluffy made with ricotta cheese. They are almost like cake with icing on top. If you have not tried an Italian Ricotta Cookie, think of a black and white cookie with a lighter icing on top. Instead of making scones for your next brunch or tea party, make these amazing Brunch Ricotta Cookies. They are light and pair great with tea.
Occasions for Lemon Ricotta Cheese Cookies
- These Italian Ricotta Cookies are perfect for a Mother’s Day Brunch.
- Try this Ricotta Cookies at your next Brunch party.
- Make these Italian Cookies for the next baby shower with cute sprinkles from Sweet & Treats based on the color scheme. They have so many options.
Lemon Ricotta Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking sold
- 8 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 15 oz ricotta cheese, whole milk (1 container)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
Lemon Ricotta Cookies Icing Ingredients
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp milk
How to Make Ricotta Cheese Cookies?
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 12 – 14 minutes.
When the cookies are done, cool them on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cookies are cooled, dip the tops in the icing and let them drip before you return to the wire rack.
Add the sprinkles right after you dip them.
Then, allow glaze to set at room temperature. It should not take longer than 20 minutes.
How to Make the Ricotta Cookies Icing?
Start by melting the butter using the melt butter setting on the microwave. Most of them have it, you just have to look. If not, melt at 50% power in 15 second increments so you don’t burn the butter.
In a medium mixing bowl, use a whisk by hand or with a hand held mixer to combine powdered sugar, melted butter, lemon juice, vanilla extract and whole milk until smooth.
- Start by taking out the butter so that it has time to soften. It will usually take 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Zest the lemon and prepare measure out the ingredients while you wait for the butter to soften. Also, get out the sand mixer and line the cookie sheets.
- While the butter softens, mix together the all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt until combined and set aside.
- In a stand mixer using a paddle attachment, cream the softened butter adding in the sugar and lemon zest until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the ricotta cheese and vanilla extract into the stand mixer with the sugar and butter mixture.
- then blend in eggs one at a time. Set mixer on low speed and slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours or up to 2 days. Preheat oven to 350 degrees during last 20 minutes of dough chilling.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads:
Bacon Ranch Tortilla Rollups from The Mandatory Mooch
Easy Champagne Cupcakes from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Giant Donut Cake from For the Love of Food
Lavender Panna Cotta with Lemon Curd from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pineapple Paradise Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Ricotta Cookies from April Golightly
Rosemary Lavender Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Streusel Kuchen (German Coffee Cake) from Platter Talk
Sugar Cookie Bars with Peach Frosting from Sweet Beginnings
White Chocolate Snack Clusters from Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.