This week I made an amazing new Sunday brunch favorite, Strawberry & Macaron topped Brunch Cake. Brunch is my favorite meal of the week! You get to wear spring dresses and drink champagne!
I recently started a Boca Brunch Club with a friend where we try out different brunch spots in or near Boca Raton. I think once we exhaust all the brunch spots, we will start hosting brunch at our homes with recipe ideas from the brunch places.
This Brunch Cake is super simple even for baking novices like me. You really only need to bake the cakes and make the icing. To make the cake look fancy for brunch, I added fresh strawberries and macarons on top. You can make your own macarons with this recipe or just buy a box of them like I did. Baking a cake and making macarons in one day can be a lot of work.
More Brunch Recipes
Here are some more brunch recipes you can also try out for your next brunch party.
- These Mini Strawberry Pancakes are super yummy and worthy for a stylish brunch.
- You cannot have modern day brunch without these Bacon Donuts.
- These yummy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are next level yummy.
- You have to try these strawberry macarons.
Occasions for Brunch Cakes
- This Brunch is perfect for a Mother’s Day Brunch.
- For Easter Brunch, you can add cute fondant bunny ears.
- Try this strawberry macaron cake at your next Brunch party.
- Make this vanilla cake for the next baby shower. Add this cute customized cake topper for your cake.
Strawberry & Macaron Brunch Cake Recipe
Brunch Cake Ingredients
- 4 cup sugar
- 6 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoon salt
Using awesome sugar is the key to a great cake. We love using local Dixie Crystals granulated and powdered sugar as ingredients.
Brunch Cake Icing
- 2 cup butter
- 2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 8 tablespoons whole milk
Brunch Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the Butter and Sugar Together until they are incorporated.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk a little at a time until both are fully incorporated.
- Also, add the baking powder and salt while mixing.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. When checking use a toothpick to poke it. If if comes out clean the center is cooked.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the room temperature butter using the paddle attachment.
- Now, gradually beat in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
- Then, beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Top the Cake
- Put the fridge in the cake until the icing hardens. This will take about an hour.
- Top the cake with fresh strawberries and macarons.
How to Make a Brunch Cake ?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix the Butter and Sugar Together until they are incorporated.
Alternate adding the flour and milk a little at a time until both are fully incorporated.
Also, the baking powder and salt while mixing.
Pour into a greased 9-inch cake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. When checking use a toothpick to poke it. If if comes out clean the center is cooked.
How to Make Frosting?
How to Top the Cake?
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Maple Bacon Old Fashioned from The Spiffy Cookie
Pimm’s Iced Tea from Books n’ Cooks
Sparkling Strawberry Peach Punch from For the Love of Food
Spicy Bloody Mary from Sweet Beginnings
Starbucks Copycat Chai Tea Latte from Snacks and Sips
Strawberry St Germain Gin and Tonic from Caroline’s Cooking
Triple Orange Julius from The Crumby Kitchen
Watermelon Fizz Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads:
Breakfast Nachos from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Bacon Cheddar Scones from The Nifty Foodie
Berry Baked Oatmeal from Kate’s Recipe Box
Galaxy Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Vegan Biscuits & Gravy from The Baking Fairy
Vegan Mango Peach Toaster Pastries from The Baking Fairy
Waffle Casserole with Maple Sausage from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Bacon and Cheese Loaded Hashbrown Waffles from Big Bear’s Wife
Banana Pudding Cream Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Brunch Cake from April Golightly
Cream Cheese Coffee Cake from PasstheSushi
Easy Champagne Cupcakes from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Lavender Mimosa Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
Peachy Keen Buttercream from Cooking With Carlee
Pineapple Paradise Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Raspberry Lemon Cake from The Redhead Baker
Ricotta Cookies from April Golightly
Salted Caramel Blondie Trifles from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza from Hardly A Goddess
White Chocolate Snack Clusters from Family Around the Table