If you want a fancy cake that is super easy to make, try this Strawberry & Macaron topped Brunch Cake. It is extremely simple and delicious!
Brunch is my favorite meal of the week! You get to wear spring dresses and drink champagne!
I recently started a Boca Brunch Club with a friend where we try out different brunch spots in or near Boca Raton. I think once we exhaust all the brunch spots, we will start hosting brunch at our homes with recipe ideas from the brunch places.
This Brunch Cake is super simple even for baking novices like me. You really only need to bake the cakes and make the icing.
To make the cake look fancy for brunch, I added fresh strawberries and macarons on top. You can make your own macarons with this recipe or just buy a box of them like I did for this cake. Baking a cake and making macarons in one day can be a lot of work. I totally get it if you want to just buy them.
Here are some more awesome macaron recipes that you have to check out: Cookies and Cream Macarons, Earl Grey Macarons, Salted Caramel Macarons with Salted Caramel Filling, Strawberry Macarons, Lemon Macaron, and Raspberry Macaron Recipe + Raspberry Macaron Filing.
More Brunch Recipes
Here are some more brunch recipes you can also try out for your next brunch party.
- These Mini Strawberry Pancakes are super yummy and worthy for a stylish brunch.
- You cannot have modern day brunch without these Bacon Donuts.
- These yummy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are next level yummy.
- You have to try these strawberry macarons.
Occasions for Brunch Cakes
- This Brunch is perfect for a Mother’s Day Brunch.
- For Easter Brunch, you can add cute fondant bunny ears.
- Try this strawberry macaron cake at your next Brunch party.
- Make this vanilla cake for the next baby shower. Add this cute customized cake topper for your cake.
Strawberry & Macaron Brunch Cake Recipe
- Baking powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Whole milk
Brunch Cake Icing
- Vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Whole milk
How to Make a Brunch Cake ?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Start by mixing the Butter and Sugar together until they are incorporated.
Alternate adding the flour and milk a little at a time until both are fully incorporated.
Then, add the baking powder and salt while mixing.
Pour into a greased 9-inch cake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. When checking use a toothpick to poke it. If if comes out clean the center is cooked.
How to Make Frosting?
Using a stand mixer, cream the room temperature butter using the paddle attachment.
Now, gradually beat in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
Then, beat in vanilla extract.
Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
How to Top the Cake?
Put the fridge in the cake until the icing hardens. This will take about an hour.
Top the cake with fresh strawberries and macarons.
Brunch Cake Recipe
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 6 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 8 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the Butter and Sugar Together until they are incorporated.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk a little at a time until both are fully incorporated.
- Also, add the baking powder and salt while mixing.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. When checking use a toothpick to poke it. If if comes out clean the center is cooked.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the room temperature butter using the paddle attachment.
- Now, gradually beat in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
- Then, beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Top the Cake
- Put the fridge in the cake until the icing hardens. This will take about an hour.
- Top the cake with fresh strawberries and macarons.
15 thoughts on “Macaron Topped Brunch Cake Recipe”
This cake looks epic and I cannot wait to make it this summer.