Tastemakers 9/17 Evening – Boca Raton, Florida & Giveaway – US Ends 9/12
Last week, my hubby and I previewed the food and drink that will be featured at Tastemakers on Wednesday, September 17 from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Mizner Park in Boca Raton. This year it is called “Rock, Roll & Stroll” with two live bands playing throughout the evening. Also, this year we get a bonus craft beer tasting in the MiznerPark Amphitheater from the Florida Beer Company, Gold Coast Distributors, Harpoon Brewery, and the New Belgium Brewery, and music by rock band, Amp’d.
Tickets, available at www.miznerpark.com starting August 1, are $30 per person and include one tasting and select beverage at each participating restaurant with presentation of the VIP Ticket Book. Tickets may also be purchased at each participating restaurant. In addition, the ticket booklets will include re-usable exclusive offerings from various Mizner Park eateries valid August 1 through October 31, 2014.
Featured Mizner Park “Tastemakers” are:
- Dubliner – Shepherd’s Pie with Guinness Mac & Cheese and Irish soda bread, paired with a special “Black Velvet,” combination of Guinness and Cider. This is one my favorite drinks since last years Tastemakers.
- JAZZIZ Nightlife – Beef Carpaccio with horseradish aioli, black truffle and homemade potato chips served with a Blood Orange Cilantro Margarita.
- Kapow! – Banh Mi Vietnamese Baguette (slow-cooked pulled pork, buttery spicy aioli, cilantro, pickled carrots, daikon and jalapeno) with a Spicy Lover cocktail (Partida Reposado Tequila, cucumber, lime juice, tabasco green sauce, cilantro, and organic agave nectar). Love this cocktail! I am definitely trying to make it myself.
- Max’s Grille – Crispy Duck Spring Rolls with spicy vegetables, soba noodles, pickled cucumbers, and Asian dipping sauce served with a Strawberry Saketini made with Stoli Vanilla Vodka, Tyku Sake and fresh strawberries. This was by far my fave food from the entire Tastemakers preview. I don’t even like duck!
- Racks – The A+A Roll made with hamachi, jalapeno, spicy tuna, crispy shallot, cilantro and avocado with Boca Lemonade, a refreshing mix of Stoli Vodka and Tyku Lemonade.
- Ruth’s Chris – Mini Seared Ahi-Tuna complimented with Aspirated sauce with hints of mustard and beer, served with a Raspberry Rosemary Cosmo made with Absolut Raspberri, Cointreau, lime & cranberry juices, muddled raspberries and rosemary. I am sad to say I missed this because the baby did not want to let me go.
- Tanzy – Housemade Ceder Plank Salmon with red pepper, lima bean, Israeli couscous and cucumber fennel salad paired with Prickly Pear Sour Sop Margarita mixed with cactus fruit, Florida Guanabana, hand-squeezed lime, El Jimador Tequila Reposado. I am usually not a salmon fan and this was amazing!
- Truluck’s – Fresh Seasonal Crab Claws served with Lagaria pinot grigio. They are not Florida Stone Crabs, but they are still delicious! Also, the sparkling wine was crisp and lovely.
- Uncle Julio’s – Pineapple Bacon Guacamole & crumbled queso fresco paired with the popular Julio’s Gold, Uncle Julio’s special hand-shaken margarita. Awesome as always!
- Villagio – Eggplant Rollatini – braised eggplant stuffed with seasoned ricotta cheese with marinara, parmesan, and melted mozzarella; and the Acai Thini, a blend of Acai Vodka with Cointreau, sour mix and a touch of Blue Curacao.
- Yard House – Ahi Poke Bowl – marinated raw Ahi and avocado with carrots, Daikon radish, macadamia nuts and wontons served with Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Beer.
Enter to Win 2 tickets to Tastemakers on September 17 in Boca Raton
a Rafflecopter giveaway
An email address is required to enter. The winner will be chosen randomly through Rafflecopter and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. US ONLY please.
This giveaway ends at 12:00 AM EST on September 11, 2014.
*Disclosure: This blog did not receive compensation for this post. All opinions are 100% mine. This giveaway is in no way associated with facebook, twitter or any other social media outlet.
10 thoughts on “Tastemakers 9/17 Evening – Boca Raton, Florida & Giveaway – US Ends 9/12”
I’d like to try the Mini Seared Ahi-Tuna
Stone crab claws!
I used to live in Boca!I would LOVE this!!!
would be a wonderful experience to see Boca Raton
I would love to try the Guinness Mac & Cheese! 🙂
Spring roll at Max’s Grill looks yummy
This would be a great date night for my husband and I, we love Mizner Park!
would be GREAT vacation!
Just moved to Miami. Eating our way around town. Would be very convenient to indulge so much in one spot on one day!