We have been on the hunt for new ways to incorporate more protein into our diets lately. The people at our Weight Watchers meeting keep talking about protein being the key to weight loss because it makes your feel full. Since we started incorporating protein into each meal, I can tell you that I definitely feel more full. The feeling of being famished has completely gone away.
I have been looking for ways to make my life easier by incorporating easy to make lean protein dishes into my life. I don’t want to spend all day prepping when I have so much work to get done during the day. I decided to make tuna patties with Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna. Seeing is believing and Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna is quality you can see – the moment you open the can. With a firm texture, light color and fresh taste. Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna has a variety of nutrients – including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals. *see their website for full nutritional facts.
Bumble Bee® offers responsibly wild caught Albacore that is delicious, versatile, high in protein and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal.
Tuna Patties Recipe with Poblano Crema
Tuna Patties Ingredients
1/2 medium zucchini (about 100 g) grated, and liquid squeezed out
1 can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna , drained
2 tbsp oats
2 tbsp parmesean cheese
1 large egg white1
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp dill
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 Pound Egg Pasta
1 Jar Pesto
Poblano Crema Ingredients
1 1/2 cups low fat sour cream
1/2 cup low fat butter milk
4 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 lime, zested
- Roast the poblano peppers on broil in the oven.
- Take the peppers out when they are blackened.
- Peel the skin off the peppers.
- Slice the pepper.
- Combine the all poblano crema ingredients with the sliced peppers and refrigerate.
- Grate half of a medium sized zucchini. Dump the grated zucchini into a thin clean towel that you don’t love. Wrap all the sides up around the grated zucchini forming a ball. Twist the clean towel wringing the liquid out of the zucchini.
- Mix the zucchini with the other ingredients for the patties.
- Heat a frying pan to medium low. Spray with non stick spray.
- Mold the mixture into patties and place on the frying pan.
- Cook the patties on 5 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Serve the patties over egg pasta with poblano crema on top with salt and pepper to taste.
Pin to Save for Later
Try another one of their many mouth-watering recipes and discover for yourself why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.