I originally found a vegetarian ceviche dip in a magazine years ago. I do not recall which one, but the original is long gone. After making it without the recipe for years, I have made several modifications based on my tastes and many trials.
Every time that I bring this dip to an event, it get gobbled up and it only lasts a day in the house. My sister requests it quite often and I have been asked for the recipe several time. I am huge fan of ceviche with fish, but this is a vegetarian version that makes it easy for everyone to eat it. You get the taste of ceviche without the need to buy fish. My favorite way to serve it is with salted pita chips, but tostito scoops work well too!
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 1 Vine Ripened Tomato
- 1 Jar Grilled Artichokes (9.9 Ounces jar) Drained
- 1 Haas Avocado
- ½ Cup Frozen Corn
- ½ Cup Red Onions
- 1/2 cup Light Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Pita Chips
- Drain artichokes and chop them into 3 pieces. Chop the vine ripened tomato. Chop up the cilantro. Chop up the onions into tiny pieces. Peel and seed the avocado. Chop up the avocado.
- Mix together all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Refrigerate covered for minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve with salted pita chips.
What do you think of the recipe?