This cherry rose’ spritzer cocktail recipe has been sponsored by 7UP. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The summer is almost here and I am have been thinking about hosting a few parties by the pool area. For every event I host, I make a signature drink for the party-goers to enjoy. This week, I was wandering around Walmart and found one of my favorite sodas – Cherry 7UP®! It was always a treat to have it when I was younger and now that I am older, I treat myself with cherry rose’ spritzer.
With all the craze over Rosé and summertime, I decided to go full on pink yumminess for my next party. This drink is extremely refreshing and super easy to make. I started with frozen cherries from the frozen food section at Walmart. You can totally use fresh, but I don’t think they are in season yet. When they are fresh and not a fortune, that is time to use fresh. You don’t want to break the bank for a garnish when the frozen ones are just so yummy! I muddled the cherries in the bottom of my shaker.
Next, I filled the mixing glass with Rosé wine that I found at Walmart too. It is super yummy and very light. You can pour this mixture into a pitcher with ice and then as you guests to fill the drinks halfway and top off with the cans of Cherry 7up. This helps keep the spritzer very sparkly for the entire day!
It is amazing that I found everything at one shopping trip to Walmart! So happy that I popped in there before the weekend started. They have a great selection of food and drink and the holiday decor options are amazing!
I love this Cherry Rosé Spritzer for a couple of reasons:
- It’s a crowd favorite. To be completely honest with you, that’s one of the most important things for me in a drink recipe. it has to be a crowd favorite. Shaking up cocktails is fun, but if I’m planning a gathering or inviting people over I prefer to have a signature cocktail.
- It’s easy: There’s nothing I love more than knowing that I can mix up a bartender quality cocktail in little time with little ingredients. I also love that you can actually whip up this in your home without any cocktail mixology abilities.
- It’s refreshing: Seriously, if a drink is not refreshing then why bother? I love a drink that’s refreshing and that quenches the thirst. This Cherry Rosé Spritzer is one of those drinks that I find myself craving during hot days.
So, I pretty much consider that this should be the official drink of Summer (kidding, not kidding). If you are into Rose Spritzers, you will fall in love with my recipe for a Watermelon Wine Slushie.
Cherry Rosé Spritzer
- 2 cups Cherries frozen
- 1 Bottle Wine Rose'
- 24 oz Diet Cherry 7UP
- Take the frozen cherries out of the freezer and allow to thaw for 15 minutes. Set aside 4 cherries to garnish. Muddle the remainder of the cherries in a mixing glass or shaker.
- Pour the Rose wine in a large pitcher with the muddled cherries.
- Top off the drinks off with delicious Cherry 7UP.
You can pick up all the ingredients next time you are at Walmart and your guests will be singing about your mixology skills all summer long. Follow this link for more simple summer recipes using 7UP: 7upsummer.com