This post is sponsored by Barlean’s. All opinions are my own.
If you are ever in the mood for something chocolate…but also something chewy…then these chocolate gummy bears will hit the spot!
Chocolate Gummy Bears
I love gummy candies! They are so fun to chew. Every time I eat some, I go back to my childhood.
And I also love chocolate. Sometimes I crave it like crazy!
So then I had the idea to try and make chocolate gummy bears. And you know what? It worked! These are delightfully chewy and are packed with that delicious chocolate flavor that I adore so much.
I’ll take you through every step of making your own. I’ll show you what ingredients you need, and even share some fun ways to give them as gifts.
Of course, you might just make them up for yourself!
More Chocolate Recipes
- Kosher Chocolate Covered Matzo Bark
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe
Chocolate Gummy Bears Shopping List
Before you make your own chocolate gummy bears, you’ll need the following ingredients from the store.
- Collagen Gelatin
- Cocoa Powder
- Sea Salt
Other Items You May Also Need
You will also need a few extra kitchen products too. Here are some things that will help you make the chocolate gummy bears.
- Eye Dropper – You will need this if you are using liquid stevia.
- Silicone Bear Mold – you can find silicone molds in a variety of fun shapes. Don’t be stuck with bears, choose other shapes too.
What is Collagen Gelatin?
There are 2 different things you can use to make gummies – grass fed gelatin or gelatin collagen Hydrolysate. Both are excellent for this recipe, you can use either one. But I really like how the collagen gelatin reacts and tastes.
Collagen is the protein that forms connective fibers in tissues. And this powder is excellent for tendons, ligaments, and joints.
Homemade Gummy Bears Gift Ideas
Of course, I loved eating them myself. But these homemade chocolate gummy bears also make perfect gifts. Here are some creative ways to give homemade gummies as gifts:
- Personalized Mason Jar – decorate a mason jar for the receiver and fill it with the gummies
- Gift Basket – Make a larger gift basket with more homemade goodies
- Mixed Box – Create several flavors of gummies and put in a gift box
- Teacher’s Gift
- Birthday gift
Other Flavors of Homemade Gummy Bears
You can also make more natural flavors of homemade gummy bears too. Try adding all different flavors until you find the ones you love most. Some of my favorite flavors of gummies use:
- Grape juice
- Orange juice
- Cranberry juice
When you make homemade gummies, Stevia really does work best. The only other option that works out is also honey. But any type of granulated sugar or solid sugar won’t turn out as good.
Chocolate Gummy Bears Recipe
Are you ready to make your own chocolate gummy bears? Here’s the recipe. It only has 5 ingredients. Don’t forget to pin this to your Pinterest board.
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 TBSP Collagen Gelatin
- 2 Tbsp (Scoops) Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens Powder
- 1 TBSP Stevia in the Raw
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Heat 1 cup of almond milk and Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens Powder in a small skillet until just beginning to boil whisking to combine.
- Add the collagen gelatin slowly and whisk as you add it into the water.
- When the collagen gelatin has completely disappeared, add the stevia and whisk.
- Use an eye dropper Ladle spoonfuls of the mixture onto the silicone mold. Press the mixture around with the back of the spoon so that all crevices are filled.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove and pop the gummy bears out.
If you make your own chocolate gummy bears, post it to Instagram and tag #GoLightlyFood so I can see!
Get More Chocolate Recipes from Fellow #Choctoberfest Bloggers