The best thing about my red velvet hot chocolate is that you can make it in the slower cooker. This recipe makes enough for at least 6 people, with almost no effort at all.
Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
One of my favorite sweet drinks the during winter is hot chocolate. Do you call it hot chocolate or hot cocoa? Either way, it is a rich, creamy drink that I savor with every sip.
Homemade hot chocolate is way better than any powdery packet. It’s an entire experience. First, you smell the aroma of melted chocolate. Then, you take your first sip. The thick drink slowly fills your mouth. Creamy….warm….sweet….rich. It’s perfection in a cup.
So what can be better than hot chocolate?
How about red velvet hot chocolate?
It tastes similar but has a deep red hue. You’ll notice just a slight flavor difference since red velvet has a deeper flavor profile.
Before you turn on your slow cooker, this is what you will need from the store.
- LorAnn Red Velvet Emulsion
- White chocolate chips
- Whole Milk
- Heavy cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
What is Red Velvet Emulsion?
An emulsion is an added flavoring you can put in your baking recipes. It’s kinda like an extract. As opposed to alcohol-based extracts, emulsions don’t bake out in the high heat.
So a red velvet emulsion will not only tint your food that deep red hue, but it will make whatever you are baking taste like red velvet too.
What to Serve With Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
This is a very rich drink. You will want a more understated cookie – like a butter cookie – to go with it. Shortbread cookies are a great idea, so are biscotti biscuits.
One of my personal favorite desserts to eat with this drink is angel food cake. It is so incredibly light!
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Toppings
What toppings do you like on your hot chocolate? Here are some popular ideas to get you started:
- Cocoa Crispies Cereal (for a fun crunch!)
- Chopped Up Candy bar – put your favorite candy bar in a food processor and then use these crumbles on your hot chocolate
- Sweetened coconut shavings
Extra Fun – Make Your Own Marshmallows
Marshmallows are so easy to make. They make a wonderful homemade gift idea. If you want to make your own, The Flavor Bender has everything you need to know. It requires you to melt a bunch of sugars on the stove and then you let it sit for 6 hours. When you make your own marshmallows, you can add different flavors- like peppermint extract.
Joy Jolt Double Wall Mugs
These beautiful glasses are from Joy Jolt. They are double walled mugs that are perfect for hot chocolate. The mugs are dishwasher and microwave safe. They come ready in a beautiful gift box and gift wrapping is available on request. Get yours here.
Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Recipe
Are you ready for the recipe now? Here you go! This is a printable recipe card. Don’t forget to pin this to Pinterest so you can find it again later.
Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- 2 TBSP Red Velvet Emulsions 1 Bag of White Chocolate Chips 4 Cups Whole Milk 1 Cup Heavy Cream 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Set the slow cooker to low.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and the two tablespoons of Red Velvet Emulsion. Mix to coat the chocolate chips with the emulsion. Add in the four cups whole milk and one cup of heavy cream. Mix the ingredients together. Cover and cook for 2 hours. Mix every hour. Serve hot with marshmallows and mini chocolate chips on top.
More Red Velvet Recipes
I adore red velvet chocolate so much! You should definitely try to make my Red Velvet Whoopie Pies next. You will love them.
More Chocolate Recipes
I can’t let you go without sharing more of my favorite chocolate recipes. I bake with chocolate a lot. Here are just a few recipes I think you will enjoy.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe – These make a fantastic on-the-go breakfast.
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate with Chai – If you enjoy crockpot hot chocolate, this one has the spice of chai in it.
- Amazing Chocolate Peppermint Dessert – Peppermint Bark Cupcake – This makes a beautiful gift or just a fun little snack.