Daylight Savings Baby Advice
This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Pampers. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
My little one was consistently sleeping through the night for a few weeks and now as the time-change approaches I have not had a full nights sleep in days! I find that Cami sleeps better when she is dry overnight. Pampers recently came out with a superior dry diaper that is designed for overnight and to stay dry over a 12 hour period. She has yet to sleep 12 hours for me, but it will be nice to know that the diaper will hold up when she does. During time-change transitions such as End of Daylight Savings Time, Pampers Baby Dry Diapers has been helping smooth the transition.
More than half of moms (52%) feel that their baby’s sleep patterns are thrown off when the clocks ‘fall back’ and Daylight Savings Time ends. Sleep expert, Kim West has gave a few tips that have been helping with the time-change transition. Here are some tips that have been helping me:
- To help your baby sleep more soundly, consider installing blackout curtains and using a sound machine. Although the days are getting shorter, there may still be some natural light present, especially in the morning as well as noise when you put your baby to bed. To mitigate these, install blackout curtains and use a sound machine to help buffer outside light and sound. Black out shades are great for children with early rising issues, which is often a problem after the fall time change, especially if your child was already getting up before 6:00 a.m.
- The end of daylight savings is a good time to make sure that your child’s bedtime is age-appropriate. Infants and babies do best with a bedtime between 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. Later bedtimes have shown to have a negative effect on children’s attitudes and their ability to focus, and can result in instances of early rising. If you find that your baby has been going to bed too early or too late, take advantage of the time change to gradually shift bedtime (back or forward in 15-30 minute increments over the next week)
Learn more about how to help your baby sleep at the upcoming #PampersSleepChat Twitter Party. The Twitter Party will take place on November 7th at 9pm EST. Chat about how the end of Daylight Savings Time can affect sleep patterns & get tips on easing the transition from The Sleep Lady, Kim West. Join other moms who understand what you are going through and RSVP: http://twtvite.com/
Prizes for the Twitter Party include:
- $50 AMEX Gift Card, $25 Children’s Place Gift Card, Pampers product and book by Kim West.
- $100 AMEX Gift Card, Pampers Product, series of books by Kim West
- Grand Prize: $500 AMEX Card to purchase sleep items such as a new crib, video monitor, etc.
- To participate, follow your hosts @DoubleDutyDivas, @BridgetteLA, @CeceliaMecca @AngieKcom @WhatMommiesNeed @RamblingChick, sleep expert @TheSleepLady and our sponsor @Pampers
ONE April Golightly reader will win a Pack of Pampers Baby Dry Diapers and a pair of Children’s Place PJ’s.
So enter today for your chance to win!
This giveaway is open to US & Canada.
Enter using the Rafflecopter below!
Rules:You do not have to be a blogger to enter/win. An email address is required to enter. The winner will be chosen randomly through Rafflecopter and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. One person entering per household please. US ONLY please.
This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on November 24, 2013.
*Disclosure: This blog is responsible for prize fulfillment. All opinions are 100% mine. This giveaway is in no way associated with facebook,twitter or any other social media outlet.