Make a rich and comforting non-alcoholic eggnog recipe the entire family will drink up! This recipe is as classic as the holiday itself.
How to Make Non-Alcoholic Eggnog
I don’t know what it is about eggnog, but it is a classic holiday drink. Every holiday party just isn’t the same without it.
I love making my own. The storebought ones are alright…but you can’t beat the flavor and creaminess of fresh, homemade eggnog.
Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I love an excellent cocktail. Spiked eggnog is one of those that ranks right up with as one of my favorites! But when I am making eggnog for my family parties, I know there will be children around who will want some too – and some family members don’t drink.
The basics of eggnog are eggs, sugar, milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and nutmeg. I prefer more milk than heavy cream in my eggnog. If you like your eggnog thicker, adjust the amount of heavy cream.
Non-Alcoholic Eggnog Shopping List
Before you make a big batch of eggnog, this is what you will need from the store:
- 6 eggs
- Heavy Cream
- Whole Milk
- Grated Nutmeg
Non-Alcoholic Eggnog Drink Ideas
When you make my basic recipe, you will be sold! I know I might be biased, but my friends and family agree – this is a creamy and flavorful drink. Everyone asks for the recipe every year.
If you want some more ideas, here are some of my favorites:
- Dairy-Free Eggnog – The Healthy Foodie uses a combination of Almond milk and Coconut milk to achieve a creamy texture without milk and cream.
- Add More Spice – Instead of just nutmeg, add a mixture of ginger, cloves, and caraway seeds for a really powerful drink. This recipe was on Vikalinka.
- Eggnog Latte – Make my eggnog recipe and a few shots of Espresso. Then, just use a milk frother on the eggnog and pour it over the Espresso. This drink is out of this world.
- Eggnog Milkshake – Add my recipe to a blender with some ice cream and blend until it is as thick as you like it. Pour in a glass and top with whipped cream! It’s a scrumptious winter treat.
Homemade Non-Alcoholic Eggnog Recipe
Here’s a printable recipe card so you can make this for yourself. Don’t forget to pin this post to your drink board. One taste of my eggnog and you’ll want to make this for every party.
Non-Alcoholic Eggnog Recipe
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until light and creamy. Set aside.
- Add the cream, milk, nutmeg, and salt into a saucepan, constantly stirring.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup of the hot milk to the egg mixture.* Vigorously whisk to avoid little bits of cooked egg.
- Continue to do this until all the hot milk has been added to the eggs and the mixture is well combined.
- Directly after the above step, pour the tempered egg mixture back into the milk saucepan on the stove.
- Quickly whisk, and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it reaches 160 degrees on a thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the eggnog into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- *This will temper the eggs so they don’t scramble when cooked on the stovetop