These Keto Sunflower Seed Butter Cups are the perfect snack or sweet treat for those of us on the Keto Diet. They are portable, already portioned out, and give you that much-needed “good fats” boost you need while on low carb diet.
Keto Sunflower Seed Butter Cups
I will admit, one of my biggest struggles while on Keto is snacking. There are so many snacks I want to eat….but shouldn’t. So many sweet snacks out there will throw me right out of Ketosis.
Then, I discovered the joy of fat bombs. Oh my word, these are so good!
It’s easy to keep myself from overeating them too. They are made into bites, so I just allow myself one or two. Easiest portion control ever.
Keto Sunflower Seed Butter Cups Shopping List
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own Keto sunflower fat bombs.
- Sunflower butter
- Cocoa powder or Barlean’s Greens Powder
- Cacao Butter
- Sunflower Seeds
Terrasoul Cacao Butter
The Terrasoul Cacao Butter is sourced from trees rooted in the lush soils of South America. It is cold-pressed, non-deodorized cacao butter is the pure, pressed oil of ground cacao beans. They are a great choice for making these fat bombs because they are never heated or processed. You can order it here on Amazon.
Barlean’s Greens Powder
Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens contain a mega 5,000 ORAC antioxidant value per serving with more than 50 super foods and supplements. They are made with 100% natural cocoa powder and zero sugar.
All of Barlean’s Greens products are low in calories, sweetened with all natural Stevia leaf, dairy free, soy-free and easy to digest with each serving providing a wide-variety of plant nutrients, which then provide natural vitamins and minerals.
Including Barlean’s Greens into you diet while you are on Keto helps you get over Keto Flu and are one of the reason why the Keto Diet is a good choice. Learn more about the Keto Diet here.
Tools & Supplies
- Silicone Mold
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
Sunflower Seed Butter Cups Recipe
How to Make Sunflower Seed Butter Cups?
Start by weight cocoa butter wafers. You are looking for around 8 ounces of cocoa butter pieces.
Dissolve the pieces of cacao butter in the microwave or on the stove. In the microwave, it took about 3 and 1/2 minutes.
Add two scoops of Barlean’s Green powder and mix.
Then, add two tablespoons of Sunflower Seed Butter.
Mix until the sunflower seed butter is dissolved.
Add 1/2 cup of salted sunflower seeds.
Next, use a ladle to pour into the Halloween mold. The sunflower seeds are heavier than the liquid. Your best bet is to pour the liquids and solids into the molds separately by pouring them in two passes.
I like to put the mold on a cookie sheet to help keep it stable as I add it to the fridge.
Let the fat bombs cool for 3 hours in the fridge before eating. You want them to be solid again.
Sunflower Seed Cups
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Butter
- 2 tbsp Barlean's Greens Powder
- 8 oz Cacao Butter
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- Start by weight cocoa butter wafers. You are looking for around 8 ounces of cocoa butter pieces.
- Dissolve the pieces of cacao butter in the microwave or on the stove. In the microwave, it took about 3 and 1/2 minutes.
- Add two scoops of Barlean's Green powder and mix.
- Then, add two tablespoons of Sunflower Seed Butter.
- Mix until the sunflower seed butter is dissolved.
- Add 1/2 cup of salted sunflower seeds.
- Next, use a ladle to pour into the Halloween mold.
- I like to put the mold on a cookie sheet to help keep it stable as I add it to the fridge.
- Let the fat bombs cool for 3 hours in the fridge before eating. You want them to be solid again.
More Keto Treats
- If you like this fat bomb, try these Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs.
- Try these amazing Keto Chocolate Chip cupcakes. Of course, all desserts in moderation on the Ketogenic Diet.
- This sweet hot chocolate recipe is an amazing choice for a chocolate craving made with Barlean’s Green Chocolate Silk that is filled with fiber and lots of antioxidants.