Enjoy this simple slow cooker recipe. Just a few ingredients in the slow cooker and you have the most amazing white wine chicken ever!
Serve this chicken shredded on a sandwich or with your favorite potato recipe. It’s a perfect way to make dinner in no time at all!
A Naturally Low Carb Dinner Idea
You know that feeling. You are trying to cut carbs and everything just feels the same. Especially chicken! How many ways can you make chicken without any honey or sugar?
Well, you have to try this! It has so much tangy flavor bursting in every shredded bite. And it all comes from the vinegar. It uses white wine vinegar instead of that sugary white wine. It’s fantastic and keeps us on track!
My husband and I recently started focusing on eating better so this White Wine Vinegar Slow-Cooked Chicken complies with the diet that we are currently using to lose weight. It is delicious so you don’t need to be on a diet to eat it.
My Favorite White Wine Vinegar
The main ingredient that I would like to highlight is the Seasoned White Wine Vinegar from De Nigris. I found the Italian Herbs spiced vinegar in Walmart the other day located in the vinegar aisle by the Ketchup.
De Nigris is made in Italy (right up my alley as proud Italian) and was founded in 1889 in Naples, Italy by Armando de Nigris. For over three generations, they have specialized in the production and sale of a wide range of Wine Vinegars and Balsamic Vinegars and have continued to add even more products to their collection. I am dying to try their sprays next!
How to Make Low-Carb White Wine Chicken
I’m all about using my slow cooker whenever I can. It saves me a ton of time. I just put things in, set it, and then dinner is ready later on. It does all the hard work.
My low carb white wine chicken is such a simple recipe. I have the complete recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card below. Pin this post so you can find it later! Your family is going to love it!
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil (not EVOO)
- ½ white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces light olive oil (or Italian Oil)
- 1½ cups De Nigris seasoned white wine vinegar
- 2 jalapeños, minced (1 if you want it to be very mild)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
1. Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
Place the chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Saute the onion on the stove.
In a large saucepan, 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil over medium heat. Then, add the minced onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
3. Saute the rest of the ingredients.
Next, add the rest of the ingredients: minced garlic, peppers, seasoned white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add sauce to the slow cooker.
Add sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
When the chicken has cooled a bit shred all the meat and put over a salad or into a sandwich if you like.
White Wine Chicken
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil over medium heat. Then, add the minced onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: minced garlic, peppers, seasoned white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir well and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
More Chicken Recipes
Want some more ideas for cooking chicken? Here are some of my favorites.