I am super excited to introduce you to this amazing crockpot chicken recipe that I just came up with this week! It is super yummy and unique with a creamy dill sauce.
Dill is an underused herb that I have been dying to incorporate into my everyday easy crockpot recipes. When I think of Dill, I think of pairing it with potatoes with sour cream and egg salads. I decided to live on the edge of the crockpot and throw dill into my chicken recipe. It turned out amazing and gave a new flavor to my weekly family dinner.
Crockpot chicken recipes are my go to choice for easy dinners to make quickly so you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. Here are a few more slow cooker recipes that I have created in the past!
- Slow Cooked Beef & Pasta
- White Wine Vinegar Slow-Cooked Chicken
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Irish Stew with Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Ginger Chicken
- Slow Cooked Homemade Turkey & Mushroom Stroganoff
- Crockpot Tangerine Pulled Chicken
Easy Crockpot Chicken Dill Cream Recipe
6 chicken thighs
1 cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup chopped dill, fresh
¼ cup water
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
Season chicken with seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In a fry pan, fry the chicken pieces skin side down for approximately 5 minutes until a nice golden brown color appears.
Then, place the chicken in the cooker and add 1/4 cup water.
Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
Remove the chicken thighs and set aside.
Mix the slurry of cornstarch and water, and add to the juices in the cooker, then add the cream. Combine well.
Add the fresh dill and stir.
Return the chicken thighs and sauce to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.Serve with mashed potatoes or any other side dish you prefer.
Options: You can add a small (1/4C) of onion to the chicken thighs when you begin cooking
Crockpot Chicken Dill Cream Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup chopped dill fresh
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Season chicken with seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder
- In a fry pan, fry the chicken pieces skin side down for approximately 5 minutes until a nice golden brown color appears.
- Then, place the chicken in the cooker and add 1/4 cup water
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5.
- Remove the chicken thighs and set aside
- Mix the slurry of cornstarch and water, and add to the juices in the cooker, then add the cream.
- Combine well
- Add the fresh dill and stir
- Return the chicken thighs to the cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
If you love crockpot chicken recipes like this one, follow my well curated Slow Cooker Pinterest Board!
Follow April Golightly’s board Food: Slow Cooking on Pinterest.
5 thoughts on “Crockpot Chicken Creamy Dill Sauce”
This looks so good! I love finding new crock pot recipes to try. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday this week!
I love dill so this is just the perfect dish for me.
This is one of my favorite dishes.
Could you cook in the sauce at the beginning? Thinking of using coconut milk instead of cream.sounds very good.