It has been chilly in Florida lately giving me a craving for a nice soup to share with my family. I have been brainstorming sweet potato recipes for a few weeks and I kept coming back to Sweet Potato Soup! It is extremely easy to make in the slow cooker. You can even prep the veggies at night and put them in the slow cooker in the morning. Love how simple it is to make!
Easy Sweet Potato Soup
One thing I love about this sweet potato soup is how easy it is to make. And the fact that it’s so healthy for me is an added bonus! No more excuses about healthy eating being too difficult.
In fact, the most “difficult” thing about this recipe is all the food prep. But I discovered that if I prep my food on my day off, it’s ready for me all week.
Even better? This is a slow cooker recipe! Yup! You can make sweet potato soup in the slow cooker! Just put the veggies in the slow cooker, cook all day, then puree it all in the blender or using an immersion blender. Super easy.
How to Make Easy Sweet Potato Soup
Here are step by step instructions for making my sweet potato soup. Scroll down for a printable recipe card.
3 large sweet potatoes, roughly chopped cubes
1 sweet onion, chopped
4 stalks celery, sliced
15 baby carrots, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
5 cups vegetable stock
2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp salt 1/4 tsp white pepper
Peel and chop three sweet potatoes. * They are easier to cut at room temperature.
Pour 5 cups vegetable stock on top of the veggies.
Add 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp white pepper (or black if don’t have white).
Cook in the crockpot on low for 8 hours and high for 4 hours in a crockpot.
After the veggies are all cooked, shut off the slow cooker and take the lid off for 10 minutes to allow the veggies while you prep the blender or large food processor and measure out 2 cups of coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
For the topping, add fresh chopped celery.
Coconut Milk Sweet Potato Soup
I discovered Silk Nutchello this week. It comes in 3 delicious nut-based flavors that my entire household has been loving since I brought them home! The Caramel Almond & Cashew is my husband’s favorite! It is blended up rich caramel flavor, toasted almonds and creamy cashews to create the ultimate pause button in a glass. The Dark Chocolate & Walnut is my daughters favorite because well…it’s chocolate! The Toasted Coconut & Cashew is my favorite and my choice to pair with this Sweet Potato Soup vegan recipe. I initially was only going to pair it with the meal, but after making the recipe a few times, I realized that it tastes great in the soup too!
Sweet Potatoes are such a wondering veggie that melts perfectly into these Easy Roasted Veggies. They are an awesome side dish to another vegan main course, Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Noodles.
Easy Sweet Potato Soup Vegan Recipe
- 3 sweet potatoes large roughly chopped cubes
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery sliced
- 15 baby carrots chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Peel and chop three sweet potatoes.
- Chop baby carrots, onion, 3 celery stalks (leave one small one for garnish), and garlic clove.
- Put all the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Pour 5 cups vegetable stock on top of the veggies.
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp white pepper (or black if don't have white).
- Cook in the crockpot on low for 8 hours and high for 4 hours in a crockpot.
- After the veggies are all cooked, shut off the slow cooker and take the lid off for 10 minutes to allow the veggies while you prep the blender or large food processor and measure out 2 cups of SILK Nutchello Toasted Coconut & Cashew. Blend until smooth.
- For the topping, add fresh chopped celery.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle celery bits on top.
- Serve with a glass of Silk Nutchello Toasted Coconut & Cashew is BEST poured over ice.
Now that I have shared my new Easy Sweet Potato Soup Vegan recipe, do you have any other sweet potato recipe suggestions that you would like me to make?
More Coconut Milk Recipes
I love cooking with coconut milk. If you are looking for more coconut milk recipes, try these: