- Change up your dinner routine by making this tasty Shredded Buffalo Chicken recipe in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker.
- This Paleo Chili Recipe is the perfect meal to cook for those warm summer days. It can be served cold or hot. The spiciness from the chili actually helps you stay cool during hot days by raising your body temperature slightly. Fun fact that I learned recently about cultures that use spicy foods to keep cool.
Paleo Ice Cream
What is Nice Cream?
Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Ingredients
2 Frozen Bananas
1 Can Coconut Milk (Thai Kitchen is ok on the Paleo Diet)
3 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
4 Drops of Liquid Chlorophyll (get it here on Amazon)
1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (Get vegan & paleo chips here)
Benefits of Peppermint Oil
Vegan Chocolate Chips
I have found a brand of Vegan Chocolate Chips that are made with three ingredients: cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate, and cocoa butter. That’s it. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are semisweet, miniature, non-GMO and free of gluten, nuts, dairy, and soy.This means that they are fine for the Paleo Diet. (get them in some grocery stores or here on Amazon)
Liquid chlorophyll benefits
Canned Coconut Milk
The only way to get this paleo ice cream right is by using canned coconut milk. The best Paleo and Whole 30 Compliant Coconut Milk: Trader Joe’s Coconut Milk (available at Trader Joe’s), Whole Foods 360 Brand Coconut Milk (available at Whole Foods), Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk (available for purchase on Amazon), Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk (available for purchase on Amazon), and A Taste of Thai Coconut Milk (it can be found at various grocery stores).
Canned Coconut Milk is what you are looking for when you are making homemade ice cream in the food processor or blender. If you are the store trying to figure out what canned coconut milk to get, make sure to avoid sulfates. Avoid Potassium Metabisulfite. It is a common ingredient in canned coconut milk and is not Whole30compliant. Don’t Be Afraid of Guar Guam. It is allowed on Whole30, but it is better if you can find a brand without any guar gum.
Canned coconut milk is extremely healthy. One cup of canned coconut milk has more than 10 percent of your daily value of iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. It’s also high in fat, but it contains a type of fat that provides health benefits. Learn more about Coconut Milk health benefits here on SF Gate site.
Here are some yummy recipes that we have made with Coconut Milk:
- Slow Cooker Paleo Chili Recipe
- Homemade Mango Ice Cream
- Easy Frog Eye Salad
- Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- Pina Colada Salad
- Green Smoothie Recipe
- Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream
Take 2 frozen bananas out of the freezer and slice up in the food processor. I use the Ninja Blender Food Processor (get your own here on Amazon).
Add in 1 can of coconut milk into the food processor and blend until smooth.
Next, add 3 drops of liquid chlorophyll into the coconut milk frozen banana mixture.
Then, add 3 drops of peppermint essential oil into the mix.
Mix until the green color is consistent in the no churn ice cream.
Pour the mint ice cream into a freezer safe container.
Add 1/2 Cup of Mini Chocolate chips.
Freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
Thaw for a few minutes before serving so that the ice cream scooper goes in easily.
Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 Bananas frozen & sliced
- 13.6 oz Coconut Milk 1 can of Thai Kitchen is ok on the Paleo Diet
- 3 drops Peppermint Oil
- 4 drops Chlorophyl
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Freeze 2 sliced up ripe bananas.
- Take 2 frozen bananas out of the freezer and slice up in the food processor. I use the Ninja Blender Food Processor (get your own here on Amazon).
- Add in 1 can of coconut milk into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Next, add 3 drops of liquid chlorophyll into the coconut milk frozen banana mixture.
- Then, add 3 drops of peppermint essential oil into the mix.
- Mix until the green color is consistent in the no churn ice cream.
- Pour the mint ice cream into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
- Add 1/2 Cup of Mini Chocolate chips.
- Thaw for a few minutes before serving so that the ice cream scooper goes in easily.
Don’t Miss these Delicious Desserts from AprilGolightly.com
- Best Chocolate Brownies
- Bacon Donut Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Watermelon & Blueberry Poke Cake Recipe