Discover how to make the easiest and most refreshing peppermint sugar scrub you have ever used. It only has 3 ingredients and will give your skin the wake-up it needs.
A Super Simple Sugar Scrub
Think skin care is too much work? Think again! All you need to do is remove the dead skin cells, wash away the dirt and oils, and moisturize. In fact, the most important thing to remember is to treat your skin with kindness. Only use simple ingredients.
I don’t have time for really difficult DIY beauty projects. That’s why I love this sugar scrub so much! t only has 3 ingredients. But every single ingredient has a specific task.
The best thing about this sugar scrub is how it is like a shot of coffee for your skin! It removes the dead skin while also healing and invigorating it at the same time.
The entire recipe is at the bottom of the post. You can scroll down to check it out. But first I’m going to answer some common questions about sugar scrubs and lavender.
How to Use A Sugar Scrub
Using a sugar scrub could not be any easier. Here are the simple steps.
- Begin with wet skin in the shower
- Allow your skin to soften from the warm to hot water
- Apply the sugar scrub in circular motions
- Do not rub too harshly, be gentle – the sugar scrub will do most of the work
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
What does sugar scrub do?
Basically, a sugar scrub exfoliates your skin. It removes the dead skin cells and leaving behind smooth, glowing skin.
When you use a sugar scrub, the sugar granules rub against your skin. The dead skin rinses off with the rest of the scrub.
This is why it is so important to choose the ingredients in your sugar scrubs carefully. If you have sensitive skin, use something that will calm your skin after the exfoliation.
What are the benefits of PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL?
Peppermint essential oil is known as an energizing oil. The most common benefits are:
- Indigestion – There is actually clinical research that shows using peppermint oil can help symptoms of IBS. You can use peppermint essential to make homemade chocolate chip ice cream or mint chocolate chip cupcakes.
- Fights Exhaustion – The invigorating aroma of peppermint has been known to help people “wake up” and fight symptoms of grogginess.
- Cooling – It’s an oil that cools on contact
- Reduces headaches – The cooling nature of peppermint means it helps alleviate tension headaches.
- Increases Stamina – According to Aromaweb, Peppermint is an aphrodisiac and an uplifting oil, so it should be avoided near bed time.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub Ingredients
This sugar scrub only has 3 ingredients:
- Peppermint essential oil
- Coconut oil
I used granulated sugar. Some people use brown sugar. Either one will work just as well as the other, it all depends on which one you prefer.
DIY Gift Ideas
This is such a beautiful sugar scub! That’s why it makes a really uplifting and encouraging DIY gift idea. Here are just a few of the best times/occassions for giving it as a gift:
- Teacher appreciation gift
- Christmas present
- Birthday gift
- Part of a home spa gift basket
- Pamper gift to a new mom
- Housewarming gift
I’m sure you can think of many more! Basically, if you know someone that could use some relaxation or pampering, this make a very thoughtful gift.
When you give it as a DIY gift, presentation is key. Decorate the jar with ribbon. Personalize the jar with their name. Add a few trinkets to the gift – like a wooden spoon, a washcloth or loofa, and a fluffy towel.
How to Make peppermint Sugar Scrub
Here is the recipe. Don’t forget to pin this post so you can find it later. There is so much wonderful information here.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 15-20 drops peppermint essential oil
- Blend together the coconut oil and sugar in a bowl.
- Once the sugar and coconut oil are combined, add the drops of peppermint essential oil and mix again.
- Add a few drops of green or red soap coloring if you want to make the scrub peppermint colored.
- Spoon the scrub into air-tight mason jars.
That’s it! Mix up some of this luxurious scrub for yourself and give some away as a gift. This is about to become a bathroom staple.
More DIY Beauty Ideas
I love DIY beauty projects. Here are some more of my favorites: