You know those cookies that are chocolaty and minty and oh so addicting? Well, I made a dip that tastes just like them. And yes, it is just as addicting. Read on to see how to make my rich mint chocolate cream cheese dip.
A Party Dessert Or Fun Snack
How will you eat this delicious dip? I have so many ideas for it. It’s perfect for parties or even just as a late-night snack.
Here are some of my favorite ways to share this dip. Share your ideas too!
- St. Patrick’s Day Party
- Late night snack
- After school snack
- Birthday party appetizer
- Christmas dessert – serve with red velvet brownies for the red and green colors
What is it about mint and chocolate that blends so effortlessly? It’s as if they were made for each other. The bright punch of mint with the deep and creamy notes of chocolate. Oh and then there is the cream cheese to hold it all together.
Basically, this is an indulgent treat. It taste’s like a cheesecake, but it’s a dip. It’s a really fun new way to enjoy a classic dessert.
It just seemed natural to make a fun dip that would fit perfect at parties. You can skip down to the printable recipe card and make it for yourself. But first I’m going to share some helpful tips and information you’ll need for the recipe.
More Mint Recipes
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Keto Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
- Watermelon Salad Recipe
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shake
- Mint Oreo Cake Recipe
- Oreo Pops Recipe
- Mint Juleps Cupcakes Recipe
- Mango Mint Iced Tea Recipe
This is what you will need before you start baking.
- Mint extract
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
- Mint green food coloring
- Mini chocolate chips
Kitchen Tools Needed
Here are some of the kitchen tools that I used. All of them help me in my everyday baking.
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Serving platter
What do you use to eat the cream cheese dip?
Since this is a cream cheese dip, anything that you enjoy eating with cream cheese will taste delightful. Here are some of my favorite ideas, but experiment and find your own:
- Graham crackers
- Cookies – any kind
- Candied Nuts
- Cinnamon Sugar fried tortilla crisps
How long does cream cheese dip last in the fridge?
Unopened cream cheese can last in a refrigerator for one month. But after you open it, you should use it within 10 days. The same goes for the dip. Keep it in an airtight container to help it last as long as it can.
How to Make this Recipe Keto-Friendly
The full cup of powdered sugar means this recipe is definitely not Keto. However, it can be modified to be more Keto-friendly with a few substitutions.
Instead of a cup of powdered sugar, add 1/4 cup of Erythritol or Stevia. Taste it and add more or less depending on how you like it.
What is a vegan substitute for cream cheese?
This recipe is definitely not vegan. The heavy whipping cream and cream cheese are dairy products.
To make this vegan, you’ll have to find some non-dairy substitutes and you might need to add some extra sugar.
The best vegan cream cheese and heavy cream substitutes are:
- Miyoko’s Plainly Classic Cream Cheese
- Go Veggie Cream Cheese
- Pureed tofu for heavy cream
- Blend 2/3 cup soy milk with 1/3 cup dairy-free margarine
How to make Mint Cream cheese dip
Using a hand mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and mint extract and beat on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy and smooth
Combine the whipped cream in with the cream cheese and fold with a rubber spatula until smooth
Mix in a few drops of the green food coloring until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips
Place into the fridge until ready to serve
Serve with cookies, graham crackers, and fruit
Mint Chocolate Cream Cheese Dip
Here is the printable recipe card. Don’t forget – pin this post. You will want to make it again, it is so bold and sweet at the same time.
Mint Chocolate Cream Cheese Dip
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- mint green food coloring
- 3/4 Cup chocolate chips mini
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and mint extract and beat on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy and smooth
- Combine the whipped cream in with the cream cheese and fold with a rubber spatula until smooth
- Mix in a few drops of the green food coloring until combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Place into the fridge until ready to serve
- Serve with cookies, graham crackers, and fruit
More Cream Cheese Recipes
Cream cheese is one of my favorite dessert ingredients. And for good reason! It is so versatile. Here are some more of my popular cream cheese recipes that you should try next:
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting – These are perfect all year round, even when it isn’t fall.
- Cream Cheese Quesadilla Recipe – Think beyond dessert and make some quesadillas with cream cheese. They turn out so creamy.
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes – These are the perfect size for a single serving.
- Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes – Novice bakers, this one is for you! Everyone can make them and they are so beautiful.