For the love of pineapples and summer, I am excited to celebrate National Piña Colada Day today. I have started growing my own pineapples from the tops of pineapples that I buy at the grocery store. I have 5 going right now and just added 2 more after working on this recipe for you. I think you will love it as much as I do. It is an easy Pina Colada Salad Recipe that you can bring to your next summer cookout!
Pina Colada Salad Recipe
3 Sweet Potatoes, diced into bite sized pieces
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Pineapple, diced into bite sized pieces
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt or Coconut Yogurt
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
1/4 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
Tools & Supplies
Large Ziplock Bag
Pre-Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Dice the sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces
Add the sweet potato into a large ziplock bag with the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
Lay out the sweet potatoes so that there is a thin layer.
Bake the sweet potatoes for 50 minutes.
Dice the pineapple leaving out the center and the skin into bite sized pieces.
Whisk together 1/2 cup greek yogurt or coconut yogurt alternative, 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, and 1 tbsp raw honey.
Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and allow to cool.
Once the potatoes are cooled, add them to the pineapples and mix.
Pour the yogurt mixture on top and mix.
Garnish with unsweetened shredded coconut.
Get some more Piña Colada inspiration with the help of these awesome cooks
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.