A few weeks ago right before the hurricane, I went to Disney with my hubby, daughter, and my mom. It was a multigenerational family fun at Mickey’s Halloween Party. We got to the part right around 4 PM so that we could get the most out of our Party passes. The Mickey’s Halloween Party starts at 7 PM, but there is some overlap where you can get in before the fun begins. The cast members give you bands and then directs you so that you can grab you trick or treat bags. Below I am going to dive into why the Mickey’s Halloween Party is awesome and give some tips on preparing for the fun.
Not So Scary
This Halloween party is not so scary, so you can bring your kids and not worry about scaring them. It is a Disney brand scary that makes it fun and spooky and never terrifying. If you are like me, you want your kids to love Halloween not to be terrified by it.
Extend the Halloween Celebration
I don’t know about you, but Halloween is my favorite holidays. I love the idea of extending the celebration beyond just Halloween weekend.
Celebrate Halloween Disney Style
Disney brings a magic to Halloween like they do to everything. You feel the magic of the spirit of Halloween and Disney the entire time.
Adults Wear Costumes to the Magic Kingdom
The Mickey’s Halloween Party is one of the rare occasion when adults can wear costumes to the Magic Kingdom. You can go in full Princess gear without any trouble.
Here are the rules for costumes during the Mickey’s Halloween Party:
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. If you’re planning to attend these special holiday events, take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- The Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g.,full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.
Here are some awesome cosplay outfits that are perfect for the Halloween Party:
Skip the Lines
Most of the rides are open during the Halloween party, and the lines are in general shorter than a normal day at the Magic Kingdom.
Attractions Open During the Event
Discover dozens of iconic attractions you’re welcome to enjoy in each magical land across the park!This year, many of your favorite Magic Kingdom experiences will be available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party—including:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Please note: all attractions and experiences are subject to change without notice.
Massive Amounts of Candy
The candy given out at the trick or treating stations is massive. You will not be dissappointed! Not surprising that Disney is not stingy with the Halloween candy.
Allergy Free Experience
Disney is amazing at allergy avoidance. They take care of people with allergies by giving them a special bag so that the kids and adults with allergies can avoid foods they are allergic to. When people with allergies arrive for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, they can see a Cast Member to pick up a teal treat bag—the official color of food allergy awareness—after entering the event, or from official Allergy-Friendly Centers at Town Square Theater and Heritage House.
Then, when you trick-or-treat with your teal bag, Cast Members will give you a teal token at each treat station. Later on, the guests with allergies can redeem their teal tokens at the Allergy-Friendly Centers to receive special treats!
A Truly Spooktacular Procession
The spooky parade is my favorite! The castmember does it up right. This year at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, a hair-raising ride by the Headless Horseman himself begins the festivities, followed by a collection of frightening floats featuring Disney Characters in Halloween costumes.
Prepare for a cauldron of grave-digging delights as the stars of the Haunted Mansion steal the spotlight in this family-friendly parade. Boo-lovers beware—you’s sure to have one scare-tastic time…And remember: it’s really not so scary; just fiendish fun!
Spooky Photo Opps
For a limited time, Guests can receive special Halloween-themed Magic Shots and Animated Magic Shots during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Visit any of the following PhotoPass locations in Magic Kingdom park to find out which bewitching Polter-Guests will magically materialize in your photos!
- Magic Kingdom Main Entrance
- Haunted Mansion
- Town Square
- Main Street, U.S.A.
- Liberty Square
Celebrate the hallowed spooky season with a high-flying spider web of spine-tingling pyrotechnic effects and haunting melodies.
The Ghost Host from the Haunted Mansion invites you to “drop in” as Disney Villains light up the night with fireworks and a wicked version of melodies from Disney’s past that echo through the night—and creepy colors crawl over Cinderella Castle.
The “scare-abrasion” gets into full swing when some of the Disney Villains we most love to hate—including Maleficent, Ursula, Cruella de Vil, Jafar and Oogie Boogie—croon their scary tunes and do their best to steal the show.
Happy HalloWishes includes a Disney soundtrack of creepy classics including:
- “Grim Grinning Ghosts,” from the Haunted Mansion attraction
- “Poor Unfortunate Souls,” from The Little Mermaid
- “Never Smile at a Crocodile,“ from Peter Pan
- “The Skeleton Dance,” from Silly Symphony – The Skeleton Dance
- “Who’s Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?” from The Three Little Pigs
- “Oogie Boogie’s Song,” from The Nightmare Before Christmas
- “Night on Bald Mountain,” from Fantasia
Exclusive Mickey’s Halloween Party Merchandise
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Tips
Get kids costumes for buy one get one 50% off HERE.
Bring your stroller to the party even if your child has not sat it a stroller in years. This party goes until midnight, and your kids are not used to being up this late. I love this upgraded umbrella stroller because it folds easily and has excellent handling. Also, the seat lays all the way down so that your kid can sleep at the end of the night.
This post contains affiliate links. You are not charged anything extra when you make purchases through these link. Please support the autonomy of April Golightly by making purchases through these links. Thanks so much!! Xoxo, April