Please note: Occasionally, we use affiliate links on our site. This in no way affects our editorial decision-making. Feel free to make purchases through the links contained in this post. It costs you nothing extra to do so and we greatly appreciate it.
I have been trying to get some different ideas for dinner that has buzzwords in it that spike my husband’s interest. Bacon is a buzzword that always peeks my husband’s interest. I decided to make a mini loaf bacon wrapped turkey meatloaf so we have a high protein dinner with lots of flavor. This is a favorite Easy Italian Meatloaf Recipe.
Moist Turkey Meatloaf Pro Tip
I like using ground turkey instead of ground beef when I find it on sale or find a particularly lean cut to save on fat and calories.
Turkey can be extremely dry. I have been soaking it to get some moisture into the meat before cooking. I skipped this step this time and used grated zucchini to add the moisture.
Zucchini is filled with so much water you actually have to squeeze some of it out before adding it to the meat otherwise the water will ruin the dish.
I used a large paper towel this time and squeezed the water out over the sink. Last time, I used a kitchen towel and stained it with the green juice. If it is just a towel you don’t care about, go for it.
I soaked the meat in water while making this Easy Italian Meatloaf Recipe and this heart shaped broccoli cheddar stuffed meatloaf recipe.
Do you love bacon in your dishes as much as I do? You will fall in love with this Bacon Guacamole Appetizer Recipe. This recipe also goes really well with this cauliflower casserole as a side dish to this bacon wrapper turkey meatloaf.
Tools & Supplies for This Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Bonus!! Don’t miss our ultimate kitchen tool and equipment buying guide.
Start by prepping all the veggies and putting everything into one large mixing bowl. You don’t need to mess up your kitchen with any prep bowls.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray the mini meatloaf pans. Divide the mixture into three equal parts creating 3 equal sized meatloaves and place them into the 3 loaf pans. Place the 2 pieces of bacon over each meatloaf and top each with 1 tbsp BBQ sauce. Bake for about 35 minutes or until cooked completely.
Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf #SundaySupper
Easy Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf made like muffins in mini pans – extremely moist perfect personal sized portions to be healthy
- 1 cup grated zucchini, drained of moisture – squeezed in a kitchen towl or paper towel
- 1/2 yellow onion, grated
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 5 slices center cut bacon, cut in half
- 3 tbsp BBQ Sauce, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray the mini meatloaf pans.
- In a large bowl mixing bowl, combine the 1 cup grated and drained zucchini, grated 1/2 small yellow onion, 1/2 diced red pepper, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup BBQ sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 large egg, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1 lb turkey.
- Create 3 equal sized meatloaves and place them into the 3 loaf pans. Place the 2 pieces of bacon over each loaf and top each with 1 tbsp BBQ sauce.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until cooked completely.
Pin It To Save For Later!
More Bacon Recipes
Do you love Bacon as much as I do?! There bloggers from Sunday Supper put together all these recipes with bacon as one of the featured ingredients in the recipe!
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Ideas for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon Dinner Ideas
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Corn Chowder with Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Ideas for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.