This cauliflower casserole was a big hit at my book club last week. It super easy to make and you will fall in love with it as my guests did. It works as a main course or even as a side dish.
I make it with pre-washed cauliflower that I get in a bag at the store, but you can quickly make it with cauliflower cut at home. This is where I save time and avoid extra messes in the kitchen before my family gets home.
Those tiny bits of cauliflower get everywhere, and I only have so much time before my daughter, and husband get home to make dinner.
Cauliflower Casserole Healthy Benefits
Cauliflower is an amazingly nutritious veggie that my family does not like on its own. I get it because it smells funny and I am not that big of a fan myself. I have to fool my mind into thinking it is something else.
This cauliflower casserole makes me forget I am eating cauliflower. I recently made this delicious Cauliflower Dessert Rice Pudding recipe to mask the flavor.
Let’s talk about why you should be eating cauliflower even if you don’t love it. It has cancer-fighting properties.
Cauliflower is an essential source of dietary fiber for digestive health. High fiber diets are supposed to help lower cholesterol. Most of us need more nutrients in our body to function better.
Eating cauliflower regularly is a simple way to get these much-needed nutrients into your body. For instance, one serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
How to Make a Cauliflower Casserole
To make this yummy cauliflower casserole recipe, you will need either 2 bag of Fresh prewashed Cauliflower or 2 heads of Cauliflower that you will chop into bite-sized cauliflower pieces.
To give the casserole it’s cheesy consistency, use low-calorie Sour Cream and shredded Parmesan Cheese. To make it crispy, I used Panko Bread Crumbs sprinkled on top.
To give the cauliflower casserole some flavor, I used paprika, Turkish Chili Pepper, and chopped green pepper, with Himalayan Sea Salt. You want to bake the parmesan cauliflower casserole at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Tools & Supplies
I love making my casseroles in my Le Creuset cast iron dutch oven because you can easily use it to bake and then serve in it. I get so excited when I get to use the dutch oven because it is white and pretty. It was something that I saved up for and finally bought exactly what I wanted. I got the matte finish white in size 5 1/2 quart.
This is the perfect size for a small family of 3 or 4. I have used it a few time so far to make this yummy Tucson Italian Sausage Potato Soup; this Cheesy Buffalo Bake made with only four ingredients and this organic baked mac & cheese recipe that my family is in love with.
Parmesan Cauliflower Casserole
- 2 Pounds Cauliflower fres
- 1 cup Sour Cream Low-Calorie
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili Pepper
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Chop the cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces.
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan with 1 cup water. Cover and cook the cauliflower on medium for about 8 minutes. You don't want to cook all the way.
- Drain the cauliflower and add to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cauliflower, sour cream, parmesan cheese, 1/2 panko bread crumbs, green pepper, salt, paprika, and Turkish Chili Pepper.
- Spray the casserole dish with the olive oil spray.
- Put the cauliflower in the sprayed casserole dish.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the panko breadcrumb on top of the cauliflower casserole.
- Cook the cauliflower casserole for 30 minutes in the oven uncovered.
- The casserole is ready when the cheese is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are golden.
*** I am not a doctor and cannot say that any of these health benefits are real. I have done some research and it seems that these are the health benefits, but I cannot be certain.
Do you want to see more cauliflower recipes from me? What are you interested in? Leave in the comments below.
8 thoughts on “Parmesan Cauliflower Casserole Recipe”
This looks so delicious! Can’t wait to try it.