During the cool weather, I just love making a tasty potato soup. They make you feel all comfy and cozy. You will be ready for the cold weather after you eat this soup. It is a very satisfying dinner loaded with potatoes and cheese. My husband fell in love when I made it for him.
This potato soup recipe is extremely easy to make with barely any prep and the slow cooker makes it a simple set it and forget it cooking experience. You can tons of topping option, like green onion, bacon, and olives. Add all of them and even more! We are trying to skip the meat this year, but feel free to add it!
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1 large diced russet potato
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup whole kernel golden corn
1/2 cup cubed Velveeta or other brand melting cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients except cheeses in a slow cooker, cook on medium for 4 hours.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large diced russet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup whole kernel golden corn
- 1/2 cup cubed Velveeta or other brand melting cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except cheeses in a slow cooker, cook on medium for 4 hours.
- Add in cheeses, cook another hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese topping, green onions, bacon, or black olives.
Sharing is Caring – Pin to Share