This Keto Cheeseburger Casserole is an amazing choice for families looking for a comfort food that is low carb.
The carb counts are extremely low and it is a great choice for any one who is meal planning.
Since my husband and I are both on the Keto Diet, we are always trying to make low carb recipes that we can both eat and that our daughter can enjoy with us.
Our daughter is 6 years old and doesn’t love fancy food (as she would call it). This Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is perfect for her! She actually poured some ranch on top of it for breakfast this morning. LOL She loves ranch and eats it with everything. She’s soo my child!
Your entire family will fall head over heals for this low carb casserole. What it lacks in carbs, it makes up for in cheese! The melty cream cheese with the shredded cheddar is a dream comfort food that your family will love you for!
Can you eat hamburger on keto diet?
You can eat bunless hamburgers or hamburger casseroles on the Keto Diet because ground beef and burgers are low carb by nature. If you normally put breading or sweat marinades in your hamburgers, I would skip those while you are on the Keto Diet. This is where the carbs and sugars hide in a burger.
Hamburgers are one of the easiest things to cook when you are the keto diet. When I don’t have any time, I usually cook a few burgers on the stove and eat them with just no sugar added ketchup.
More Keto Friendly Dishes
Here are some Keto friendly dishes that would go perfectly with a pot luck Keto spread.
- Make these amazing Keto tortilla chips to make Low Carb Nachos. They are always a crowd favorite!
- You can also serve a charcuterie or anti-pasta salad with meats and cheese. These low carb dairy free stuffed mushrooms are a great choices as well for the appetizer portion of the potluck dinner.
- As a side dish, you can make this Cauliflower Parmesan Casserole!
- For a sweet Keto treat, make these short bread cookies with homemade low carb whipped cream to go on top!
We serve this Keto casserole in this Staub white matte baker casserole dishes. The are extremely durable stoneware with porcelain enamel glaze. In fact, they are dishwasher- and oven-safe to 575 degrees! The casserole dishes come in a ton of stylish colors like matte black, white, dark blue, cherry red, rustic turquoise, ivory, and matte white.
Why Avocado Oil?
I like to use avocado oil when I know that I will be cooking at high heats. Olive Oil has a low heat smoke point which you may have noticed if you ahev ever tried to cook with it. It always smokes. When olive oil starts smoking, you are losing all the benefits of using a nice olive oil.
Instead, you can use an avocado oil that only starts smoking at a whopping 520 degrees F. Olive Oil’s smoke point is lower 410 degrees F. You should never use Olive Oil to sear meat or anything higher than low on the stove. I reserve my olive oil for salads and dips so that I can enjoy the amazing flavor.
Carb Count for Keto Diet
When you are on the Keto diet, you are always counting your net carbs. I do my best to count everything on my calorie counting app. Do you keep track of your net carbs? We work really hard on our keto recipes to minimize the carb count and keep the flavors awesome at the same time. This casserole recipe is no exception!
This Keto Cheeseburger Casserole is a great recipe for a family that loves burger, but are trying to avoid eating buns with carbs. It’s a true comfort food without the need for bread. It only has 3 total carbs and 2 net carbs per serving. How amazing is that?
Keto Burger Bar
It would be really fun to turn this cheeseburger casserole dish into a Keto burger bar with low carb ingredients ready to be added as toppings. If you want to really to cater to your friends on Keto, you could add the net carbs to little signs. They will love you forever! Here are some ideas for topping for your cheeseburger bar.
- Diced up Dill Pickles. Make sure not us the sweet relish or bread and butter pickles as they have sugar in them.
- No Sugar Added Ketchup
- Tons of Mustards – Make sure that there is no sugar added before you buy.
- Fresh Onions
- Caramelized Onions
- Sauted Mushrooms – This is a very Keto friendly veggie!
- Sauted Peppers
- Green Onions
- Lettuce – You cannot go wrong with lettuce since 1 cup has only 1 net carb. Go crazy!
- Fried Eggs – Most places have a hangover burger with an egg on top nowadays. For low carb dieter, adding an eggs is always a good way to fill up without added carbs.
I could keep going forever with burger bar ideas. I am going to do my best to create one soon for you!
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- No Sugar Added Ketchup
- Yellow Mustard
- Avocado Oil
- Ground Beef
Is cream cheese OK on keto?
Cream Cheese is a great choice for someone on a low carb diet looking for an easy Keto friendly cheese. We use cream cheese for a base for lots of dips and casseroles that are on the Keto diet. Cream cheese is one of the best cheeses for being on the Keto diet because it only has .8 net carbs for 2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
Can you eat cheese on keto?
You can eat cheese if you are on the Keto diet. The only thing is that cheese has a ton of calories. To keep calories low, limit your cheese intake to one meal per day or use a little bit on every meal. This low carb Keto casserole would be your cheese intake for the day.
Your best bet with cheese is to choose cheese that is lowest in carbs. Cheeses that are low in net carbs are parmesean, goat, bleu cheese, cheddar, gouda, mozzarella, Swiss, and feta. Always choose the full fat cheeses, as they have the least amount of sugars.
It seems counter intuitive to choose cheeses that are made with full-fat milk, but they actually have less carbs that the part skim or 2% milk alternatives. I know it goes against everything we have been doing for years, but in order to get fat adapted, full fat cheese is the best choice.
Keto Lactose Intolerance
For those of use with lactose intolerance, it might be the sugar in the milk causing the bloating and discomfort. If you are uncomfortable with lactose, you can try heavy cream or heavy whipping cream to see if you react. These choices might help you if you feel you are lactose intolerant. We do our best to make every dish with a dairy free option for those with lactose intolerance.
- Look for hard and long-aged cheeses.
- Try using ghee or clarified butter. It is a butter alternative with the milk solids removed.
- Casin can be the cause of your dairy issue too. Look into this sensitivity.
- Also, there are a ton of non-dairy alternative that use almonds, cashews, and coconuts instead of dairy.
To make this recipe without cheese, you will need a non-dairy cream cheese like the one from Kite Hill and non-dairy cheddar cheese. Make sure that the non-dairy cheese does not contain any lactose. I was accidentally eating an almond cheese for a while that had lactose in it.
Always read the labels. It might say almond on the front and have milk on the ingredients lists! It can be so frustrating when you are looking to cut dairy out of your diet. A lot of people following the clean Keto diet choose not to eat dairy because it is high in calories and causes inflammation. We create recipes for people who subscribe to the all types of Keto including Clean Keto, Dirty Keto, and Lazy Keto. Also, those people who are just looking for low carb options as well.
How to Make Keto Cheeseburger Casserole?
First, start by greasing the pan lightly with avocado oil. Set the stove to medium heat.
Then, Add the ground beef and break it up into small bit and start browning the beef. It should take about 5 minutes. You don’t need to cook it all the way through here.
Next, add the 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic to the beef. Mix it into the beef.
Then, add the cream cheese into the pan along.
Take 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and add it to the beef.
Start preheating the over to 400 degrees F.
If you already have pre-cooked bacon, cut it up into bite sized bits and add it in now.
Also, add in the 1 tablespoon of no sugar added ketchup and 1 tablespoon of mustard.
Mix together all the ingredients until the cheese is melted.
Add the beef and cheese mixture into a small casserole dish.
Then, add the remainder of the cheese on top.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F or until the cheese is completely melted.
Serve hot and garnish with your favorite burger toppings.
As a garnish, you can drizzle the cheeseburger casserole with ketchup and mustard on top. Also, it would be delicious with shredded lettuce and finely chopped pickles on top as well.
If you like onions, you can add chopped onions to this dish at the browning beef phase of the cooking.
Get More Keto Recipes
If you love this Keto Cheeseburger Casserole, here are some more Keto Dinner Recipes that you can make for your family or just for yourself.
- You have to try this delicious Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe. I put it over Zero Pasta and it feels like I am eating the real thing at an Italian restaurant or like my mom used to make it. You won’t even realize that the breading is made from almond flour rather than traditional bread crumbs.
- Try this Green Bean Casserole as a main course by adding some chicken or beef to it.
- Have you every tried Steak Pizzaola? It is a new and interesting way to serve steak that is low carb with sooo much flavor!
- This slow cooker chicken cacciatore is a great choice for dinner that you can set and forget in the crockpot.
- Are you missing pizza as much as I was? This Keto Flatbread pizza is great with just cheese or topped with Keto friendly veggies like mushrooms and spinach.
- Take out your pressure cooker or slow cooker and make this yummy Keto Beef Stew recipe.
What kind of Keto recipes are you looking for? Do you like family friendly Keto dinners like this Keto Cheeseburger Casserole? Let me know in the comments or shoot me and email at [email protected].
We recently started an Keto for Moms group. You can join now.
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- First, start by greasing the pan lightly with avocado oil. Set the stove to medium heat.
- Then, Add the ground beef and break it up into small bit and start browning the beef. It should take about 5 minutes. You don’t need to cook it all the way through here.
- Next, add the 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic to the beef. Mix it into the beef.
- Then, add the cream cheese into the pan along.
- Take 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and add it to the beef.
- Start preheating the over to 400 degrees F.
- If you already have pre-cooked bacon, cut it up into bite sized bits and add it in now.
- Also, add in the 1 tablespoon of no sugar added ketchup and 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- Mix together all the ingredients until the cheese is melted.
- Add the beef and cheese mixture into a small casserole dish.
- Then, add the remainder of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve hot and garnish with your favorite burger toppings.