This amazing Keto Green Bean Casserole is made from scratch and is low carb perfect for some one low carb or Keto Diet. You can have an amazing side dish for Thanksgiving dinner without feeling guilty!
You don’t have to wait for the holidays to enjoy this mouth watering, tender and perfect vegetable side dish.
Keto Green Bean Casserole
There are so many main dish ideas to serve this along side, but I think that this low carb green bean casserole recipe goes great with this Spicy Grilled Turkey and these Instant Pot ribs. Both recipes work on the Keto Diet as well.
What Goes with Green Bean Casserole?
This amazing green bean casserole goes perfectly as a side dish for many main course. Our favorite choice for every day meals is this Keto friendly Instant Pot Beef Roast and this Italian Steak dish. Green beans pair really well with turkey for the holiday season and beef for everyday dinners.
What Goes in a Green Bean Casserole?
In the traditional Campbell’s green bean casserole, you use frozen green beans, canned cream of mushroom soup, and French’s crispy fried onions. For our Keto Green Bean Casserole, we made everything from scratch starting with the cream of mushroom soup. Everything in our fresh green bean casserole is from scratch.
- Cream of Mushroom from Scratch
- Keto Crispy Fried Onions
- Fresh Green Beans
How Do you Make Green Bean Casserole?
How Long to Cook Green Bean Casserole?
Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
You can make this low carb green bean casserole in the crock pot slow cooker casserole. This helps if you are trying to free up your oven during the holidays like Thanksgiving. It also always you to save on energy in your home. I just found out from doing research on this post (How to Save Energy in your Home) that you slow cookers require less energy overall than a stove or oven. Like I needed another awesome reason to use my slow cookers?! LOL
If you attend pot luck dinners, this green bean casserole is a great choice especially if you are on the Keto diet. You will know that you have an awesome vegetable option at your next pot luck dinner. I found this really cool casserole carrier that makes it easy to keep your dish warm in route to the pot luck dinner.
Green Bean Casserole Main Course
You can easily turn this Keto green bean casserole into a main course by adding any or all of these Keto friendly ingredients:
- Cream Cheese
- Ground Beef
For dinner, you can turn this casserole into a Keto hamburger green bean casserole or even a Keto chicken green bean casserole. Use the Keto ingredients already in your refrigerator to make this casserole even more yummy. I am dying to add some bacon and cream cheese to this dish! Let me know which one you want me to make next.
Vegan Green Bean Casserole
This casserole is nearly vegan already. All you have to do to make it vegan is to skip the bone broth in the cream of mushroom soup. You can use vegetable stock to make this a vegan green bean casserole that is still gluten free and Keto friendly.
Keto Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cups Cream of Mushroom from Scratch
- 1 cup Keto Crispy Fried Onions
- 3 cups Green Beans Fresh
- Start by making the cream of mushroom soup. Here is the from scratch low carb recipe.
- Also, make the homemade almond flour crispy onions.
- Blanch the green beans by boiling them in a pot for 7 minutes.
- Strain the green beans and put them into an ice bath.
- Spray oil into the casserole dish.
- Add the green beans to the casserole dish.
- Stir in the mushroom soup and half the crispy onions.
- Bake the casserole at 350°for 25 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and add the remainder of the crispy onions on top.
- Finally, bake the fresh green bean casserole for another 5 minutes.
More Keto Recipes
- Feeling snacky? Make these cheese crips or low carb tortilla chips for Keto friendly dips like this buffalo chicken dip.
- For an easy lunch, make this almond flour flat bread pizza.
- This low carb bunless burger is my go to choice for lunch and dinner. It is super easy to make and always hits the spot.
6 thoughts on “Keto Green Bean Casserole”
This looks super tasty! Perfect for Thanksgiving!