Make a huge batch of these Keto chips. You’ll find more ways to snack on them and you’ll finally have your own low-carb tortilla chips! Oh and best of all, there are only two ingredients.
I’ve been on a Keto cooking frenzy lately. After starting Keto and watching the pounds drop off, I began to try to make even more fun and creative recipes. These chips are a dream come true!
My Favorite Keto Chips
It’s so much easier to stay on track with my Keto diet when I plan ahead for snacks. Snacks are where I am the most tempted to cheat. But cheating will knock me out of ketosis, so I try so hard to keep myself on track.
If I want something crunchy, I reach for these. They are low-carb, high in protein, and are super easy to make. There are only 2 ingredients, so I really don’t have an excuse to run out.
These are an excellent replacement for corn tortilla chips. I can eat them whenever I want a salty or crunchy snack that is Keto-friendly.
Make a few of them. One taste and you’ll never go back to regular chips again.
How to Store Homemade Tortilla Chips
After you make a really big batch of chips, you’ll want to keep them fresh for as long as possible. I like to keep mine in a plastic bag that zips. Try a gallon-sized bag.
You can also put them in a plastic container with a lid.
The most important thing to remember is to keep the air out of the chips. They will grow stale.
Keep them out of the refrigerator. Putting them in the fridge will make them grow soggy.
How To Make Low-Carb Tortilla Chips
Here’s how to make my favorite low-carb tortilla chips. It should go without saying that these are also gluten-free. Since gluten is mostly found in wheat, and wheat is a carbohydrate. But I thought I’d mention it.
They only take about 15 minutes total to make! So make a huge batch and keep them on hand for when the craving strikes.
Kitchen Supplies Needed
These are the kitchen supplies you’ll need to make the perfect chips.
If you buy from my links, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support.
You might already have all these supplies in your kitchen.
- Pizza cutter
- Paper towels
- Parchment paper
- Silicone Baking Liner
- Baking Sheet (I love the oxo ones)
- Microwave Safe Bowls
There are only 2 ingredients. It couldn’t be any easier!
- Almond flour
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Seriously, that’s the only ingredients in these chips.
How to Make Keto Chips
I have the complete recipe at the bottom of this post. But here’s a quick overview of how I made my new favorite chips. You’ll save so much money by making your own chips.
Preheat the oven to 410 degrees F.
Melt the shredded mozzarella in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Stir the mozzarella and the almond flour together in a bowl until fully combined into a dough.
Roll out the dough out into a thin sheet.
Slice the dough into triangles and place onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet. I used a knife, but a pizza cutter would be better.
Bake for upwards of 10 minutes or until they turn brown.
Serve with low carb nacho cheese!
Can You Make Different Flavors?
These are the basic tortilla chips like you might find at a Mexican restaurant or at the store. But there are ways to make all sorts of different flavors if you want.
Here are some ways you can mix things up and create different varieties of low carb chips.
- Salt and Vinegar – To keep them low carb you’ll have to make your own vinegar salt. This hack is pretty simple.
- Dill chips – Sprinkle dried dill herbs on the chips before you bake them.
- Garlic Parmesan – Add garlic powder and some shredded parmesan cheese to the chips
- BBQ chips – Add some liquid smoke and tomato paste to the chips before baking them for a fantastic and low-carb BBQ chip recipe.
What To Put on Low-Carb Chips
My favorite way to eat these chips is just as they are. No toppings.
But here are some more ways you can eat your low carb tortilla chips.
- Low carb nacho cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Keto Ranch dressing
- Creamy KETO Blue Cheese Dressing
- Spinach Artichoke dip
- BLT dip
- KETO Buffalo Chicken Dip
There are so many low-carb dip ideas out there! And these chips are perfect for dipping. If you want, you can even form them into scoop shapes so they are better at picking up your dip.
What is the Keto diet?
Are you new to the Keto diet? I love eating this way. It’s helped me to lose weight, and I know it can do the same for you. Keto is short for “ketosis.” I have a thorough guide that introduces you to this way of eating. It’ll answer all your questions. Read my introduction to the Keto diet then come back and make these chips.
Basically, the Keto diet is a way of training your body to burn your body fat for energy instead of carbohydrates and sugar. Since you are using body fat for energy, you will naturally lose weight.
You’ll have to calculate how many net carbs you are allowed to eat each day. It turns out to be a really low number. Focus on eating meat, vegetables, low-carb fruits, and dairy products.
How many net carbs are in these chips?
This depends on how many you eat and how small you cut the chips. The recipe should make about 20 chips, with 4 chips per serving.
If you make that amount there are about 2 grams of net carbs per serving.
Can you use coconut flour?
I know lots of people love using coconut flour when they cook on the Keto diet. It’s a fantastic ingredient because it is low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
If you are trying to cut out nuts on your Keto plan, you can replace the almond flour with coconut flour. This will change the number of net carbs in each serving. I use My Fitness Pal to calculate nutrition information.
Do you need a tortilla press?
This recipe does not need a tortilla press. All you need is a way to roll out the dough and cut out the chips. I baked my chips in the oven for a short time and they crisped right up. It is so easy.
The only thing a tortilla press will do is keep your chips completely flat. But what fun is that? The best thing about chips is when they curl up so you can have something to scoop with.
How to Make Low-Carb Chips in the Air Fryer
It’s even easier to make these chips in the air fryer. My recipe in this post uses the oven, but if you have an air fryer too.
To make low carb chips in the air fryer, make the dough the same way.
Slice the dough into triangles. Then, place them in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer. Just bake them for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Check on them to make sure they don’t burn.
Keto Chips Recipe
Here’s the complete recipe in a printable recipe card. Don’t forget to pin this post to Pinterest. It’s a must-have for the Keto diet.
More Keto Recipes
The best thing about Keto is the fat you will lose. I created a ton of amazing Keto recipes that will help you maintain your low-carb lifestyle without any issues at all. Try one of these for your next meal.
- Keto Flatbread Pizza RecipeYou can enjoy pizza while on Keto. My Keto flatbread pizza has cheese, toppings, and an amazing crust that doesn’t take hours to make.
- Keto Chicken Parmesan RecipeChicken parm is one of my family’s favorite meals. I make this when I want to eat the same thing as a family but keep it low-carb.
- Cheesy Kale Chips Recipe Honestly, I couldn’t eat kale chips until I made them like this.
- Keto Frittata with Bacon & Cheese Recipe If you are going to a brunch, which tends to be full of pastries and carbs, bring these frittatas with you. The bacon makes them incredible!
- Low Carb Instant Pot Beef Ribs – The Instant Pot saves me so much time! These beef ribs come out perfect every single time. And they are low-carb so my family can eat with me.
Keto Chips – Low-Carb Tortilla Chips Recipe
- Parchment Paper
- Pizza cutter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees
- Melt the shredded mozzarella in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Stir the mozzarella and the almond flour together in a bowl until fully combined into a dough
- Roll out the dough out into a thin sheet
- Slice the dough into triangles and place onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for upwards of 10 minutes or until they turn brown
- Serve with low carb nacho cheese!