Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip is the best appetizer ever served with low carb chips! Make it in your Instant Pot, Slow Cooker Crockpot, or Ninja Foodi today. I also have stovetop directions to share so everyone can make it.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip is the bomb! You can make it on the stovetop too. It is an awesome appetizer that everyone at your party will ask you for the recipe. We made it using the Ninja Foodi today, you can make it on the stovetop too but the cooking time this way is much quicker. In the pressure cooker, the chicken is so tender and easy to shred!
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is inspired by a dip that my sister turned me onto a few years ago. Every time that I make it for a party, people gobble it up and always ask for the recipe. We used to buy the dip from Publix and the ingredients are on the back, but if you are a cook, you know ingredients without measurements is not the whole story.
I have been working on getting this recipe right for so long and I have finally captured the taste and consistency that makes this buffalo chicken dip a crowd favorite. It took many tests and the keys to success are amount of the ingredients, the fresh tarragon, and Frank’s Wing Sauce not the regular hot sauce. It all makes a difference in the flavor.
Here is what you need to make Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Chicken – 2 pounds of chicken, each piece cut up into 4 pieces
- Sauce – 1/2 cup of Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- Cheese – 16 ounces Cream Cheese
- Spices – salt, pepper, paprika, tarragon
The original recipe calls for Neufchatel cheese, but I substituted that for cream cheese because I can get organic cream cheese and it is much easier to find. Feel free to use Neufchatel cheese or cream cheese. Taste-wise, there is not much of a difference. You will be happy with the result whether you use Neufchatel cheese or cream cheese.
How to Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- This dip can be made in a pressure cooker, slow cooker, or on the stovetop on low heat.
- Start by adding raw chicken breasts that have been cut into 4 pieces.
- Then, add the olive oil, cream cheese, and sour cream. You can cut the cream cheese up if it is brick form. If out of the container, scoop the cream cheese in a tablespoon at a time.
- Next, add all the spices (salt, pepper, paprika, tarragon) and the hot sauce. Mix everything together as much as you can.
- For stove top, simmer the chicken and other ingredients on low heat with lid on until chicken is cooked through. You want the chicken tender enough that you can shred it.
- Shred the chicken and stir together the ingredients so that it is a smooth dip consistency.
- For pressure cooker, put on the lid and close steam valve. Set the pressure cooker to high for 15 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Then, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Next, stir the ingredients together so the cream cheese becomes smooth and the chicken is coated.
- Turn the pressure cooker off.
- Serve with low carb chips or veggies
More Game Day Appetizers
Here are some more game day appetizer that are Keto friendly and low carb.