This easy, Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Recipe only needs a few simple ingredients from that you probably already have in your pantry. You can easily make this delicious side dish to complement any main course. This simple recipe was inspired by a restaurant side dish that made me fall in lover with Air Fried Brussels sprouts.
Brussel sprout love is a new development for me as it is not something that my mom made for me as a kid. Once I discovered them and how healthy they are, I tried to make them for my husband and his response was to never eat them. That was until, I discovered that I could drizzle hot sauce on them!
What can I say, buffalo sauce is the way to my husband’s heart! Here are some the recipes that I have made with Frank’s Red Hot over the years:
- This buffalo cauliflower side dish is great option for those looking for a low carb side dish.
- You can make this pulled buffalo chicken extremely easily in the instant pot or slow cooker. For the instant pot, the chicken can even come straight out of the freezer.
- My whole family is obsessed with Publix buffalo chicken dip – this is my own homemade version of their dip.
- Make these amazing buffalo chicken tacos as a main course for the family. Everyone will love them.
- If you are hosting a party, these buffalo chicken nachos are great choice.
Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
The reason I have been so adamant about getting Brussel Spouts into my families diet is because they are super healthy for you. You cannot beat the amount of vitamins and minerals in Brussel sprouts. By blanching and then deep frying them, you get to keep the vitamins and minerals and get a crispy yummy side dish at the same time.
Blanching Brussel Sprouts
In order to get the crispiest possible Brussel sprouts, you should blanch them quickly and then let them dry before frying them. That is why, if you have limited time, I think your best bet with air fried Brussel spouts is to fry them without blanching. If you have time to blanch and let them dry, then you can do that instead.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Rinse them and let them veggie strain before adding them to the air fryer. You want the Brussel Sprout to be as dry as possible so they get crispy in the air fryer.
Slather them in olive oil or avocado oil.
Then, add salt and pepper and mix to coat the vegetables.
How to Air Fry Brussel Sprouts
To make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, you will need . Heat up the air fryer to 360 degrees F and set the air fryer to 15 minutes.
Add the Brussel Sprouts in the air fryer basket.
Only add as many sprouts to cover the bottom of the basket. You don’t want over fill.
In order to crisp both sides of the Sprouts, wait 8 minutes and open the air fryer to shake the contents.
To serve, add the Brussel sprouts to a dish, drizzle the buffalo sauce on top and add the blue cheese crumbles.
If you want to skip them buffalo sauce, you can turn this dish into Parmesan Brussel Sprouts by adding grated cheese or Balsamic Brussel Sprouts by drizzling a balsamic reduction on top. You could do both Parmesan and the balsamic reduction for an Italian side dish.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Rinse them and let them veggie strain before adding them to the air fryer. You want the Brussel Sprout to be as dry as possible so they get crispy in the air fryer.
- Slather them in olive oil or avocado oil.
- Then, add salt and pepper and mix to coat the vegetables.
- How to Air Fry Brussel Sprouts
- To make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, you will need . Heat up the air fryer to 360 degrees F and set the air fryer to 15 minutes.
- Add the Brussel Sprouts in the air fryer basket.
- Only add as many sprouts to cover the bottom of the basket. You don't want over fill.
- In order to crisp both sides of the Sprouts, wait 8 minutes and open the air fryer to shake the contents.
- To serve, add the Brussel sprouts to a dish, drizzle the buffalo sauce on top and add the blue cheese crumbles.
Can Dogs Eat Brussel Sprouts?
As you can see, my new puppy wants to be involved in my food photography. Namely, he wants to eat all the food.
My new puppy stole a few Brussel Sprouts which had me searching whether dogs can eat Brussel Sprouts. Apparently, Brussel Sprout are good fo dogs in moderation. They are in the broccoli family which I know are good for dogs.
As with people, too many Brussel Sprouts can cause gas in dogs.
If you are an animal lover like we are, you can follow my new puppy, Brighton on Instagram @BrightonMyHeart. We take way too many pictures of our dogs so we didn’t want to bombard our regular followers with puppy photos. If you want to be bombarded, feel free to follow the cuteness.
Main Courses to go with Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
If you are looking for main dishes to go with these crispy Brussel Sprouts, check these out.
- These Low Carb Instant Pot Ribs are a great choice for a main course.
- While you are deep frying these Brussel Sprouts, baked these shaved beef stuffed mushrooms.