Whip up this yummy Keto chicken parmesan recipe for your next family dinner. It is deliciously low carb and no one will even know!
Keto Chicken Parmesan
Eating low carb can be a struggle when you are fixing two separate dinners – one for your family and one for you. I created a Keto recipe that the entire family will love – and they won’t even know they are missing the carbs.
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan Ingredients
To make this dinner, these are all you need:
- Almond flour
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Rao’s marinara sauce
- Zero Pasta
How to make low carb chicken parm
One of my favorite things about chicken parm is the crunchy breading on the outside and the juicy chicken inside. So to replicate that – without the carbs – I just used almond flour.
Almond flour doesn’t have a different flavor from all-purpose flour or breadcrumbs. But it adds the perfect amount of crunch to the chicken.
Preheat oven to 450°F.Spray a large baking sheet lightly with avocado oil spray.
Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 cutlets.
Cover the counter and the chicken with saran wrap.
Pound the cutlets with the flat part of the tenderizer for about 10 seconds each.
Combine the spices and the almond flour and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
Crack the eggs in another bowl.
Dip the cutlets in the eggs and then dip into almond breadcrumb mixture.
Place on the sprayed baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Lightly spray a little more avocado oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Remove the chicken from oven.
Spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over low carb pasta.
Use Low Carb Pasta
I have to have pasta with my chicken parm. It just isn’t the same without it. So I was super excited when I found Pasta Zero! It’s vegan and low carb. What is pasta zero made from? It’s mostly made up of konjac flour, chickpea flour, and potato starch. And it tastes just like carby noodles!
Fresh or Dried Herbs – Which is Best?
When cooking low carb, I always try to use fresh herbs when I can. Since I am cutting out the carbs, I want to use as much natural flavor as possible.
Fresh herbs have a stronger flavor than dried ones. Try it once, you’ll be hooked!
Why do you tenderize chicken breasts first?
My recipe calls for beating the chicken breasts with the tenderizer first. This is a very important step (and a natural stress reliever too!).
You want to tenderize it first because it makes the entire chicken breast an even size. You won’t have one side of the chicken juicy and the other side dried out.
Another benefit to tenderizing the chicken first – it cooks faster! When the chicken is pounded flatter, you are going to cut down the cooking time.
Can you freeze low carb chicken parm?
Yes you can freeze my low carb chicken parm. Follow these steps and you’ll have a delicious low carb chicken parmesan freezer meal.
- Bake the breaded chicken according to the directions on this post.
- Let the chicken cool.
- Line the casserole dish you are going to freeze with foil.
- Fill the bottom of the casserole dish with marinara sauce.
- Place the chicken on top of the sauce and layer it with more sauce and the shredded cheese.
- Cover with a foil lid or more foil and make sure it is completely sealed.
- Label with the date you froze it, the recipe name, and how to bake it.
To bake a frozen Keto chicken parm meal, first thaw it completely. Then, bake it in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. If you don’t remember to thaw it, bake it longer – for about 80 minutes.
What to serve with Keto chicken parmesan
This low carb chicken parm is an entire meal on a plate. But if you want some Keto sides, here are some of my top picks!
Keto Chicken Parm
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 16 oz chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce (recommend Rao's Homemade)
- 8 oz Zero Pasta
- Garnish with fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.Spray a large baking sheet lightly with avocado oil spray.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 cutlets.
- Cover the counter and the chicken with saran wrap.
- Pound the cutlets with the flat part of the tenderizer for about 10 seconds each.
- Combine the spices and the almond flour and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Crack the eggs in another bowl.
- Dip the cutlets in the eggs and then dip into almond breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on the sprayed baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more avocado oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from oven.
- Spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over low carb pasta.
More Keto Recipes
If you enjoyed this keto chicken parm recipe, you should try some more of my popular recipes here. Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it later!
- Low carb Keto cheese crisps – Keep this recipe nearby. These cheese crisps can replace crackers and chips when you are feeling snacky.
- Keto egg drop soup – This egg drop soup tastes just like my favorite soup from the restaurant.
- Keto flatbread pizza recipe – Yes, you can have pizza on Keto! This recipe is my favorite way to enjoy a fun pizza party with the family.
8 thoughts on “Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe”
This looks super yummy!! Can’t wait to try!!
I made this for our dinner last night and it was the bomb! I will definitely make this recipe again. Thanks.