When the Instant Pot came out, it took me a few months, but I finally ordered one. I have been making successful instant pot recipe from the start including this Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recip. You can basically throw almost anything in the Instant Pot and you will end up with a great meal quickly.
I love that you can even make instant pot desserts in it. It is pretty much magic! Do you remember the first time you used a crockpot?! I do! I thought I could leave it for the whole day when I was at work and have a home cooked meal when I got home. It turns out, I worked too many hours for a slow cooker to work for me. The meat was overdone, and I realized that takeout is the only thing possible for someone who works 7 am to 7 pm. Gone are those days of 7 to 7 out of the house, but I still long for a quick meal.
I Love My Instant Pot Recipe Book
When the publisher of ‘I Love My Instant Pot’ emailed me about reviewing their cookbook, I was all for it. I was dying to learn more about what I can make with my Instant Pot!!
Today, I am sharing an Instant Pot Dessert recipe from The ‘I Love My Instant Pot’ Recipe Book for Instant Pot Rice Pudding. This pudding is just what I have been looking for! It’s something semi-sweet, but not super fattening!! I just need a couple of spoons of sweetness per day to make sure that I don’t dive into a cake during a random sugar craving. Feel like taking your Instant Pot baking up a notch, try out this Instant Pot Flan.
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Check my collection here:
- Instant Pot Beef Roast Recipe
- This amazing Instant Pot Carrot Soup Recipe
- Homemade Chicken Soup in the Instant Pot
How to Cook Rice in Instant Pot?
Skipping Rice? Try this Paleo Cauliflower Rice Pudding.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
Instant Pot Rice Pudding made with Cinnamon Raisin in the Instant Pot pressure cooker with organic short grain brown rice
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dessert
- 1 Cup Short Grain Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 Cups Water 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Add rice, water, vanilla, cinnamon stick, and butter into Instant Pot. Lock Lid
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 20 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and discard.
- Stir in raisins, honey and cream.
- Press saute button on Instant Pot, press Adjust button to change the tempature to Less and simer for 5 minutes.
- Serve Warm