During flu season, it is important to take care of yourself so that you don’t have to suffer for extended periods of time. Here are my 5 Ways to Care for Yourself During Flu Season.
- Stay Home if You are Sick.
- Wash Your Hands Often.
- Use Kleenex for coughs and sneezes and dispose of them immediately.
- Get enough sleep and avoid getting run down
- Eat Homemade chicken Soup like this instant pot chicken soup
I grabbed my Kleenex in Walmart during my last shopping trip. You can get it online with home delivery and same day shipping.
I like having Kleenex on hand in my home, not just for those sick days, but for everyday life! Kleenex kills 99.9% of cold and flu viruses in the tissue. The active ingredients in the middle layer disrupt the viruses’ protective coating and kill 99.9% of cold and flu viruses in the tissue within 15 minutes. Kleenex has moisture activated blue dot layer with a special anti-viral formula to kill cold and flu viruses.
During the flu season and when it gets cold out, I love making dishes that are easy to reheat and eat for several days. This Instant Pot Chicken Soup is extremely easy to make and makes a filling dinner that keeps me from cooking every night of the week. My mom started to make homemade chicken soup since she started eating meat again. It was a great tradition that she passed on to me. I love making my own chicken soup.
Since my mom taught me how to make it, I have been making chicken soup in a large stock pot with a whole chicken. This year, I decided to use the instant pot to make it a little easier. My whole family loves shredded chicken soup even my daughter. She eats it all the time for dinner and loves it. Chicken Soup helps her feel better during flu season.
Instant Pot Chicken Soup
You start by making the instant pot chicken soup with a whole chicken, water, and salt. Instant Pot is on my list of the Ultimate Kitchen Tool and Utensil Guide. Once the Instant Pot vents naturally, you separate the chicken from the broth adding the broth back into the instant pot while you shred the chicken and get rid of the fat and bone leaving only the yummy chicken. Add the shredded chicken, broth, pasta, and veggies back into the instant pot for another 5 minutes and presto you have delicious instant pot chicken soup.
Instant Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1 Cup Pasta
- 1 Cup Celery
- 1 Cup Cauliflower
- Start with a whole chicken, 1 tablespoon salt, and 6 cups of water in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Place on high pressure for 25 minutes with the vent closed allowing the pressure to build up. Allow the instant pot to vent naturally.
- Use a large bowl and strainer to separate the liquid from the chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth back into the instant pot and add 1 1/2 cups of carrots, 1 Cup pasta, 1 Cup celery, and 1 cup cauliflower. Recover the instant pot and set to 5 minutes on high pressure closing the vent so the pressure can build.
- While the instant pot chicken noodle soup is cooking, start baking the Sister Schubert’s Dinner Yeast Rolls in the oven following the directions on the bag.
- Once the instant pot beeps, quick vent the instant pot.
You might like these recipes too: