One of my families favorite recipes is this pressure cooker chicken soup. I started by making this soup in a large stock pot, but life is so much easier now that I can make Instant Pot Chicken Soup instead. This is actually one of the few recipes that my daughter will eat. She just loves soup all year round.
I make this Instant Pot Chicken Soup a few times per month and even more during flu season. Chicken Soup somehow helps keep everyone healthy during flu season.
- This tasty Beetroot Soup Recipe with Coconut Milk Drizzle is extremely delicious and packed with nutrients.
- If you are looking to add some yummy nutrients to a basic chicken dinner dish, you have to try this Baked Chicken Milanese with Arugula & Almond Flour.
- Instant Pot Beef Roast Recipe
- This amazing Instant Pot Carrot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
During the flu season and when it gets cold out, I love making dishes that are easy to reheat and eat for several days. This Instant Pot Chicken Soup is extremely easy to make and makes a filling dinner that keeps me from cooking every night of the week.
Healing Chicken Soup Ingredients
Hot broth-based soups like homemade chicken soup in general help prevent dehydration, keep nasal passages moist thereby thinning out mucus, and sooth a sore throat. When choosing your healing chicken soup ingredients, consider these choices to make the best chicken soup recipe to keep you and your family well fed and healthy.
Onions are a great choice to include in your homemade chicken soup because they are filled with nutrients and vitamins. They are also high in antioxidants that reduce inflammation. “Based on research done by Dr. Stephen Rennard, MD, a researcher at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, chicken soup acts as an anti-inflammatory agent for your nasal cells, giving your nose the relief it needs. Particularly, the onions in the soup contain protein, calcium, and especially sulfur, which decreases swelling and aids in reducing nasal congestion.” Learn more about onion benefits here.
When making your own instant pot chicken soup recipe, make sure to include carrots. Most of the benefits of carrots is because they are high in beta-carotene and fiber. These root vegetables are also a good source of antioxidants and are rich in vitamin A, C, K, and B8, as well as pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese. They help prevent heart disease and cholesterol because of the high fiber content. They help keep your veins clear of plaque.
High cholesterol is a major factor causing heart diseases. Regular consumption of carrots reduces cholesterol levels. Including carrots in your diet and your chicken soup ingredients is very important because it helps prevent heart-related problems.
Carrots are an ideal ingredient for your homemade chicken soup because it enables “our bodies to produce vitamin A, which strengthens our white blood cells and in turn allows us to better fight off infection.” Learn more about carrot benefits here.
Adding chicken to your chicken soup is a key way to making it high in protein and giving it the yummy base the best homemade chicken soup. I have made chicken soup with all kinds of chicken and have been happiest with the results of making it with a whole chicken in the instant pot. You can easily make it with chicken breast or even chicken thighs. I have found that the instant pot whole chicken is the easiest and most cost-effective way to make it.
When I make the soup, I like to let the broth sit without the chicken or any ingredients in the refrigerator for a few hours so that the chicken fat will harden so I can skim it off. If you are pressed for time and want to eat your chicken soup asap, you can also put the broth in this fat separator. This is one that I use in my kitchen and it works great!
Chicken is an excellent source of protein and is very rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B, and D, as well as potassium and phosphorus.
Since my mom taught me, I have been making chicken soup in a large stock pot with a whole chicken. This year, I decided to use the instant pot to make it a little easier. My whole family loves shredded chicken soup even my daughter. She eats it all the time for dinner and loves it.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Soup?
You start by making the instant pot chicken soup with a whole chicken, water, and salt. My Instant Pot is on my list of the Ultimate Kitchen Tool and Utensil Guide. Once the Instant Pot vents naturally, you separate the chicken from the broth adding the broth back into the instant pot. While you shred the chicken and get rid of the fat and bone leaving only the yummy chicken. Add the shredded chicken, broth, pasta, and veggies back into the instant pot for another 5 minutes and presto you have delicious instant pot chicken soup.
Paleo Chicken Soup
To make this a paleo chicken soup, skip the pasta and roll and focus on adding more veggies. I really like adding cauliflower and kale to make this rich in even more nutrients. Substitute 1 cup of kale for the 1 cup of pasta in this dish and you will be pleased with the delicious Paleo Chicken Soup that is also Whole 30 Compliant. You can learn all about how to eat on the paleo diet here.Print
Instant Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1 Cup Pasta
- 1 Cup Celery
- 1 Cup Cauliflower
- Start with a whole chicken, 1 tablespoon salt, and 6 cups of water in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Place on high pressure for 25 minutes with the vent closed allowing the pressure to build up. Allow the instant pot to vent naturally.
- Use a large bowl and strainer to separate the liquid from the chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth back into the instant pot and add 1 1/2 cups of carrots, 1 Cup pasta, 1 Cup celery, and 1 cup cauliflower. Recover the instant pot and set to 5 minutes on high pressure closing the vent so the pressure can build.
- While the instant pot chicken noodle soup is cooking, start baking the Sister Schubert’s Dinner Yeast Rolls in the oven following the directions on the bag.
- Once the instant pot beeps, quick vent the instant pot.
You might like these instant pot recipes too:
- Instant Pot Beef Roast Recipe
- Carrot Soup Recipe made in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash Potatoes
- Chicken Pho Recipe made in the Instant Pot
- Paleo Shredded Buffalo Chicken Recipe
Pin to Save for Later